Phone won't get past "X", recovery options in CWM all freeze. MIUI to blame! Help?

This is a discussion on Phone won't get past "X", recovery options in CWM all freeze. MIUI to blame! Help? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Sorry, didn't mean for the title to be so dramatic, but this all started after I ran the MIUI custom rom. First it got stuck ...

Thread: Phone won't get past "X", recovery options in CWM all freeze. MIUI to blame! Help?

Phone won't get past "X", recovery options in CWM all freeze. MIUI to blame! Help?

Sorry, didn't mean for the title to be so dramatic, but this all started after I ran the MIUI custom rom. First it got stuck on the MIUI worldwide screen with the globe rotating.

Then I tried system recovery and none of the recovery options in Clockwork Mod seem to work. I haven't tried all, but "reboot", "power off", "advanced", "wipe data", "wipes cache partition", all just make the phone go into screen where the CWM logo (hat) and it just hangs there for what seems to be ages.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?
    I didn't brick the phone did I?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No I don't think it's bricked but I also don't think miui is to blame.

I would try using the passimg method to get back to stock, you will lost root but you can simply reroot using superoneclick afterword. Here are some instructions http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post98568

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    No I don't think it's bricked but I also don't think miui is to blame.

I would try using the passimg method to get back to stock, you will lost root but you can simply reroot using superoneclick afterword. Here are some instructions http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post98568
    You're right, I think the clockwork mod seems to be a tad unstable. flashed the phone with amon-ra's mod and things seem to be running ok for the most part.

Keeping fingers crossed. Thanks for the tip on Nexus One Oracle. Will keep that handy.

I take that back. MIUI just never seems to run all that smoothly. I've tried a couple versions of it... more often than not it gets stuck in the boot screen with the globe spinning - seems to go into a boot loop? Lame, cuz i love the interface...

When you flash do you make a full wipe? If not then that is your problem you should always wipe when flashing a ROM.

When you flash do you make a full wipe? If not then that is your problem you should always wipe when flashing a ROM.
    Yes, did a full wipe (several times). I've given up on CWM (for now) since I keep getting an endless amount of problems with it. Sticking to Amon Ra's recovery, but MIUI still freezes up every 3rd or 4th time i interact with the interface. So far today it's not crashing every time I try to send a text, but who knows when until the next one.

As I mentioned, I really love the interface and look of MIUI, so I would really like to stick to this (for now) instead of using Cynanogen, but is this (the constant crashing) normal? It can't be, can it?

Have you tried a different version of miui (ex: rods miui or miui.us or what ever version?)

Have you tried a different version of miui (ex: rods miui or miui.us or what ever version?)
    I think so far I've tried MIUI worldwide and MIUI.us. I'll try rod's miui if miui.us doesn't start behaving. Any other versions that you'd recommend?

I can't think of any at the moment but if I think of any then I'll tell you but I think if those don't work it's not the version that is the problem.

I can't think of any at the moment but if I think of any then I'll tell you but I think if those don't work it's not the version that is the problem.

Yeah I'm thinking the same. Guess all I can do atm is try them all out.
    Thanks for the help!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links