My nexus one is acting buggy/glitchy , need advice

This is a discussion on My nexus one is acting buggy/glitchy , need advice within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Before i get into whats wrong with the phone, heres the basics, my phone is not rooted, am running on gingerbread 2.3.4 . My phone ...

Thread: My nexus one is acting buggy/glitchy , need advice

My nexus one is acting buggy/glitchy , need advice

Before i get into whats wrong with the phone, heres the basics,
    my phone is not rooted, am running on gingerbread 2.3.4 . My phone works well 90-95 % of the time . BUT

the glitches/bugs that I been noticing recently are:

1)Sometimes when I make a call I hear nothing and when i say hello , it repeats hello or whatever i say to the phone.
    2) Sometimes when i click to see my contact list it says failed process , do i want to send a report to google. Less than a min later I can retrieve my contact list no problem
    3) Sometimes my screen is unresponsive and forcecloses whatever i am doing . Like i will click on something and it just exits, and send me back to my wallpaper.
    4) my angry birds rio , lets me play a couple of levels then forcecloses , so then i have to start it up again . and it repeats the problem but that prolly has more to do with angry birds game then my phone.

Besides all this my batter is good , my phone works well most of the time. Just wanted to know if in your opinion , there is something wrong with my phone or are theses glitches normal and happen all the time .

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well these problems are not normal but as for a remedy the only thing you could really try would be to factory reset so for a 5-10 % of the time I'm not sure it's worth it but it's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    Well these problems are not normal but as for a remedy the only thing you could really try would be to factory reset so for a 5-10 % of the time I'm not sure it's worth it but it's up to you.
    Do you think its worth to contact my phone carrier and ask for an exchange/new phone ?. These problems I have only happen less than 10% of the time . I cant produce these problems to them to prove my phone has something wrong , because they happen every now and then

If your going to call your carrier then just do the factory reset and it should fix all your problems but you will lose your data. If you go see your carrier they will most likely not give you a nexus one in return and probably something less awesome as a phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude Random21 View Post
    If your going to call your carrier then just do the factory reset and it should fix all your problems but you will lose your data. If you go see your carrier they will most likely not give you a nexus one in return and probably something less awesome as a phone.
    I asked if my phone has problems , what would I get in return , they said if we still have some nexus ones then thats what u will get ( they got more from htc with power button problem fixed, so they have some supply in storage) . I assume if they run out of N1s they will have to give me a nexus s or htc panache or lg optimus 2x . They simply dont have any lower selections that would be justified . Plus I know people who have gotten their N1 exchanged for nexus s or htc panache

Do you think my case is strong enough to warrant an exchange ?

check your ram usage (widgets, apps running in background, task manager (TM tend not to do good)) and your free memory space left... maybe clogged up ?

yes, from what I hear you can ask for a change no problem if still under warranty. And yes they will change your N1 for an equivalent or better. Don't ever accept less specs than the N1 on your claim. (normally they hand out the Nexus S or Panache)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links