Boot looping nexus one

This is a discussion on Boot looping nexus one within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm gonna start by saying I know nothing of the nexus one. I have a droid x My friend wants me to fix his because ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boot looping nexus one

Boot looping nexus one

I'm gonna start by saying I know nothing of the nexus one.
    I have a droid x

My friend wants me to fix his because his is boot looping.
    It shows the x and an open look under it.

It vibrates when it comes on, stays on for a few seconds and then does the same thing again.

I need helping diagnosing it and getting it back into working order.

For my droid x, I've fixed via sbf method back to froyo.

Is there a similar method for the nexus one?

If not, what is the best way to go about this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You said it vibrates, could you tell me how many vibrations you get at the :nexusx: screen.

If it's 7 then the only fix is htc and unfortunately I fear it will be because I've never heard of a nexus one vibrating at that screen other than the 7 vibrations. The reason that I say the fix is htc is because 7 vibrations indicates hardware failure, more specifically, cpu overheating. I've herd of two short term remedies for this, one is to put it in the freezer (weird I know but it's a cpu overheat so obviously the cold helps), the other is to take the sim card out, this seems to work for some people, I figure it's because it doesn't need to worry about the radio so it takes less processing power there for no overheating. But I'm not sure for that last one it's just my theory.

7 consecutive times?
    No.
    It vibrates for a second and just sits on the boot screen for a minute or two then loops.

Also looked at the contents of his SD card and its a bunch of empty folders.
    If that makes any difference. Like maybe a recovery folder?

Ok well can you get into bootloader (from power off hold down vol- while powering up) you will get to a screen with 3 skateboarding androids?

hm...
    I've gotten to a screen that looks like what you described, but by holding down power & the track ball.
    It says fast boot on that screen.
    I try going into recovery, but it continues to boot loop.
    his SD card is also full of empty folders, if that makes a difference.

Ok well in that case you can wipe the SD card if you want to. But from within fastboot select bootloader that will bring you to hboot, then it should do a little check for a few things (don't worry it probably won't find them if the SD card is blank other than folders) tell me if all this works if it does then we'll give passimg a shot.

I don't have the phone with me unfortunately, I'm at work and won't be home for another 3 hours.

I'll give what you said a check.

But at the risk of you not being online later, can you give me some steps?

Ya well in 3 hours it'll be 11:00 pm where I am so if I'm not already gone I shouldn't be far from leaving XD

But ya for instructions here's the oracle thread it's got pretty much all the info you could need on all this stuff (minus a few things you learn from experience). http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...html#post98568

If you have any other questions feel free to ask I'm sure if I'm gone someone else can help you (I know a few who can XD) and at worse I'll answer the question tomorrow.

for the passimg method, checks for the files, and when it checks for passimg.zip, it just hangs.
    Still is as a matter of fact.
    How long should his take?
    I'd say it's been 10 minutes

Should the bar in the corner be full when it's ready?

Ya the bar in the corner should be full when it's ready to apply, but if that doesn't work then I don't know what to tell you sorry :/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links