Can't wake up phone from sleep mode!

This is a discussion on Can't wake up phone from sleep mode! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I can't wake up my Nexus One up from sleep mode. I put the phone into sleep mode last night (no wireless networks, no wifi, ...

Thread: Can't wake up phone from sleep mode!

Can't wake up phone from sleep mode!

I can't wake up my Nexus One up from sleep mode. I put the phone into sleep mode last night (no wireless networks, no wifi, no bluetooth). The problem is that I've been having trouble with my power button lately. I've had to resort to calling my phone from another phone to wake it up starting yesterday afternoon. Before then, the power button would work after several pushes.

Now, I have a phone in sleep mode so I can no longer call it to wake it up! Doh!!

I've tried plugging the phone into my computer with the USB cable to charge it up and then removing and inserting the battery repeatedly. Unfortunately, that didn't work.

If my phone doesn't wake up with the battery removal/insertion technique, are there any other alternatives? Until last night, everything but the power button was working fine. Does this now mean that I have other problems beyond the power button?

My phone is not rooted but I'm willing to root to fix these problems (if only I can get it to wake up).

Thanks for any help.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It's possible that you have more problems, but I'd try doing the battery pull while plugged into the PC again. Be sure to not put it back in until after the notification/charge light turns off. If it starts blinking red and green, start over again. If it doesn't work then you'll need to send the phone into htc like a couple people here had to do.

If you can get it going again, by all means, root it, CyanogenMod has the "trackball wake" and volume rocker wake" already on it. That's what i do.

Again. The phone can be finicky when pulling the battery. I've had problems with it and being patient can be a virtue. Don't rush putting it back in. I wait about one/two seconds.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks. I tried putting the battery in and out again but this time plugged into the charger (instead of the computer) and it worked after about 5 attempts. I was so relieved. I found my Nexus One was working fine other than the power button.

I called HTC and they will charge between $55-283 to fix the phone.

So as you suggest, I'd like to install CyanogenMod instead. I Googled instructions for this and found some - including some up to date ones for the latest version of Android. The problem was I didn't understand them! Most of the instructions seemed to assume that you already know quite a bit about rooting your phone and other technical aspects. However, I'm a complete beginner at this. The most technical thing I've done with my phone is install apps.

Does anyone know of instructions for installing CyanogenMod that a beginner could understand (so I can turn my phone on and off without using the power button)?

Thanks!

That absolutely blows my mind that that worked for you. It completely flies in the face of logic. From what I understaffed, the pc is trying to communicate withe the phone and turns.it on so that it can. I've tried doing what you did and.it never worked. Was it a stock nexus one AC charger?

Yep, it was a stock Nexus One charger.

Now if anyone has instructions to install CyanogenMod written in layman's terms I'd really appreciate it!

Try going to the hacking forum below. If nobody responds join xda forums and try posting in there. Danger rat, dude random and a rugman held my hand through the process. Here, but the traffic on this forum has fallen.off.drastically on the last couple of months.

Ya sorry I haven't really been helping the lack of traffic lately, I've been pretty busy :/ anyway to answer your question I would check out the nexus one oracle http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ne-oracle.html this has pretty much all the instructions to anything you might need. If you have any question just ask and I'm sure someone here can help you (most of us have already installed cyanognen mod at least once XD )

That's an awesome link Dude. Wish I'd have had that back in February!

Tryka. Don't be intimidated. You'll get plenty of help.

What you'll need is:
    PC
    USB Cable
    MicroSD Card
    An Hour of time (if all goes well, 20 min)

Also. Once you are rooted. I highly recommend using ROM Manager. It's simple and easy to use. Also Titanium Backup (Pro preferably) both of these are found in the app market, but you must be rooted for them to work..

Also. Be sure to backup on PC before starting and on phone everytime you flash a ROM.

In addition. Wipe your cache/davlik cache at least twice when flashing a ROM, but that's later in the process.

Good luck and HAVE FUN. You'll wonder why you didn't do this months ago!

I wish I had joined this forum BEFORE my start button failed in the same way as Tryka.

Now if the phone dies I have to insert and remove the battery about 80 times to turn it on. Rather than dialling myself it activates by inserting charger via micro USB.

in spite of its age this forum shows it is still a versatile and capable phone but I have been frustrated by the regular touchscreen failure whilst responding to say the voicemail menu, and a chaotic over response where it vibrates constantly and needs a reboot. I was going to give this phone to my daughter as it is still worth a fair bit but not sure now.

Thanks for the help posted already so I can salvage some functionality, but although I naturally enjoy fixing and fiddling with things timeis the problem working 60+hrs a week not money not so at the end of my 18 month contract I admit I have purchased an iPhone against my instincts. But in the same way I also shop at the major supermarkets.
    When I retire if I survive I will become an Eco warrior until then when I still have Xmas decorations up its about living.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links