Nexus One experiencing major problems with sound on phone calls

This is a discussion on Nexus One experiencing major problems with sound on phone calls within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Device:Nexus One Carrier:Wind Canada Country / Language: Canada EN OS / Browser / build number (if applicable):Android 2.36 Build grk39f My husband and I both ...

Thread: Nexus One experiencing major problems with sound on phone calls

Nexus One experiencing major problems with sound on phone calls

Device:Nexus One
    Carrier:Wind Canada
    Country / Language: Canada EN
    OS / Browser / build number (if applicable):Android 2.36 Build grk39f

My husband and I both have Nexus One phones. In the last couple months we have been experiencing an escalating problem with connecting a voice call. On at least 30% of the calls we make and receive, we can hear no sound from the other end OR we can hear them but they can't hear us. I've had to redial calls up to four times to get a connection where we can hear each other. This is happening on all calls, not just ones between my husband and I. Usually it will happen at the beginning of a call but has been known to happen midway through.
    My carrier has put new sim cards in both phones and has done the usual troubleshooting things like reboots. They say that they have checked their network and it's not a network problem.
    Needless to say this can be very frustrating, especially when calling some customer service line where you have to be on hold forever, only to find that they can't hear you after 22 minutes of bad muzak.
    Before I commit to spending a bunch of money on a new phone I would like to see if anyone has a suggestion for me, or if anyone else is having this issue with their Nexus One. It seems odd that I can't find any posts about similar issues... one would think that this would be happening to more people if it's the phone itself.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Exclamation

Hey, who knew you were also a Wind customer!

I am having the exact same problems. I originally posted them here, but I'll just quote myself:

Same exact problem, it's driving me insane. I have been using the HTC Nexus One for a while now, with no serious problems (been great!) -- but recently I have discovered that all my outgoing calls do not transmit my voice to the other party. Sometimes, if I reconnect with them (they call me back, or I call them back) right after, the call is fine, but even after a few tries this is not always the case.

Additional details:
    - Covering the noise cancellation microphone does not seem to have a significant effect on whether or not the other party can hear me. Neither during the call or for the entire duration of the call.
    - Sometimes switching to speakerphone, pressing mute, and alternating these actions, has an effect. But this is not consistent.
    - I have performed a factory reset, but this seems to have only made the problem more common.
    - Bluetooth devices seem equally affected by this problem; so using a Bluetooth headset does not get me around this.
    - PCM Audio Recorder (an app for Android) also records nothing (silence) during phone calls, but this may be because android does not permit a third-party app to record conversations.

Since I can't actually make any phone calls... my phone is essentially a lesser tablet and it's just frustrating.

I sent HTC support a copy of this message, so... I'll post here if I hear back from them. Please let me know if you guys find any solutions!

Edit: I've also done repeated testing by calling friends and calling myself through Skype.
    As an addendum, I don't expect anything good to come out of HTC support after reading the horror stories elsewhere.

Anyways, your help is greatly appreciated!

Same issue here

Device:Nexus One
    Carrier:Wind Canada
    Country / Language: Canada EN
    OS / Browser / build number (if applicable):Android 2.36 Build grk39f

Same issue here. It started suddenly about three weeks ago.

WIND is blaming an HTC update that was pushed out, but I haven't seen an update since September, so it must have been a silent ? update? Or Wind is lying and it was their network that changed. Been waiting to hear from their network techs for two weeks.

Anyone have any luck with a rooted ROM? I'd be willing to modify my phone to fix this.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links