Dead Screen on Calls / Camera Malfunction / WiFi issues

This is a discussion on Dead Screen on Calls / Camera Malfunction / WiFi issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Phone: Nexus One Anroid Version: 2.3.6 I recently started having issues with my Nexus One about a week ago. All was working fine for the ...

Thread: Dead Screen on Calls / Camera Malfunction / WiFi issues

Unhappy Dead Screen on Calls / Camera Malfunction / WiFi issues

Phone: Nexus One
    Anroid Version: 2.3.6

I recently started having issues with my Nexus One about a week ago. All was working fine for the past year and a half and then for no apparent reason the following has occurred:

1. INCOMING / OUTGOING CALLS
    On an incoming call, my screen goes completely blank. Power, volume and trackball buttons will not activate screen. On outgoing call, similar issue... especially annoying when calling voicemail and you can't enter your password!!! When i plug the charger in, screen activates.

2. CAMERA NOT WORKING
    When I attempt to use the camera, the screen goes blank, when I press the power button, I get a message that says "Activity Camera (in application Camera) is not responding"

3. WiFi ISSUES
    Just noticed this today... a few of my apps (WhatsAp) are only working now when I turn on the WiFi when they previously worked when I was connected on the 3G network. If I don't turn on the WiFi these messages are not delivered. When I do turn on the WiFi I loose 3G connectivity.

I've been doing a lot of reading - this post in partcular seems to detail the same issues I am having... Issue 15291 - android - nexus one Gingerbread 2.3.3 blank screen on incoming phone call - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

I am in Canada. Wondering if there is anyone who repairs these phones.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Dead Screen on Calls / Camera Malfunction / WiFi issues

Last time I got something like that it was loose connectors inside the phone.

You need to dismount the black plastic tray under and on the side of the battery.

There is a couple of connector at the bottom of the battery.

(Two are under the circuit board where you put the sim and the SD card) and one is just at the side of the SIM card.

You need to insert them firmly.

When I got that problem the camera was jamming the photo application at startup, the flash was randomly going on, the proximity sensor for one you put the phone near your head was not doing the correct job; so each time I receive a call the screen stay black after the call. (I had found a trick to press the Home button before the hand of the call.)

Try to open it, you have like 3 screws to remove and on clip the plastic tray.
    But be aware that you will void any warranty.

It's a kernel problem. If you are using an unsupported kernel on stock ROM, (like Pershoot's OC Kernel) then you will get wifi/3g problems, and your camera will get FC's. Do NOT open up your phone. Simply find the stock kernel for your phone and flash it through recovery.
    Nexus One (Bricked) SOLD
    Nook Color (CM9 KANGS) SOLD
    iPod Touch 2G (Jailbroken w/ GreenPoison) SOLD
    Samsung Vibrant (CM10 Nightlies) SOLD
    HTC Sensation 4G (CM10 Kangs) SOLD
    Nexus S (i9020T) (CM10 Nightlies)
    Playstation Vita PCH 1004 (STOCK FW)
    Nexus 7 (CM10 Nightlies)
    Nexus 4: SOON!
    #team OG
    #team NEXUS
    #team GALAXYS