Trying to Reset Phone

This is a discussion on Trying to Reset Phone within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I bought the Galaxy Nexus so I tried resetting my Nexus One phone so I could sell it. It is rooted though I don't know ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Reset Phone

Trying to Reset Phone

I bought the Galaxy Nexus so I tried resetting my Nexus One phone so I could sell it. It is rooted though I don't know anymore. This is very technical for me. I was happy just to be able to install Cyanogenmod successfully. I tried to flash the latest version 7.2 I believe. However, when I try to go into recovery mode, there is an Android with an exclamation point.

Making matters worse that I believe, I went to My Computer and deleted everything off the SD card on the phone. Now I can't get into the market to try to install Rom Manager so I can use the app to flash ClockworkMod Recovery. I get the following message:

Sorry
    The application Market (process com.android.vending) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. It has options to Force close or Report.

Can someone please help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Can Someone help me?

Re: Trying to Reset Phone

in settings clear market data and cache. nw logout and login to see if it works
    or
    find either a play store.apk(market) or rom manager.apk in web and install them.
    or
    here is the cwm recovery.img
    http://download.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.0-passion.img
    rename it to recovery.img
    make sure your drivers, fastboot installed. place the recovery.img under the same folder as fastboot.exe
    nw boot ur phone in fastboot mode.
    type "fastboot devices"
    if ur phone is recognised. then type
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot bootloader

then check if u can enter into recovery.

download and install SDK
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/installing.html
    http://developer.android.com/sdk/win-usb.html

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Thanks so far. I am stuck on where to type Fastboot devices.

Edit:
    Ok, I figured out to type it on Command Prompt on my Computer. I had to navigate to the folder where fastboot.exe was installed.

Ok, next I typed fastboot devices, and it returned the Phones's serial number. I typed fastboot flash recovery recovery.img, but then I get the following message:

writing 'recovery'
    <bootloader> signature checking...
    FAILED <remote:signature verify failed>
    finished.

did you rename the img file to recovery.img?
    did u place the recovery.img in the folder that contains fastboot? start the cmd prompt from that folder(platform-tools)

Yes, I did to all.

Edit: Well, I just tried it again just now, and it works now. ClockwordMod Recovery Flashed. I wonder why it didn't work the other day, I tried twice. Now, I'll see if I can flash some Roms.

Just to help out anyone else. Here is a great website if you need to install an Android Package .apk file.

--->.APK install - An online tool for installing Android Package .apk program files on your Android device.

To fix my Market problem, i had downloaded the .apk, but had no way to access it on my phone because I had no file manager on the phone to access the file. I couldn't download a file manager through Market because I had the Market issue. So I went to the website above, and it did the trick. You upload the .apk file, use Google goggles to scan the QR code, and the file installs on your phone.

In the end, I didn't have to do that, because when I flashed Cyanogenmod 7.2 and the GoogleApps add-on, I didn't have the Market error anymore when I booted the phone.

I'm so happy the phone is fixed now, but I spent countless hours trying to figure it all out. Hopefully, no one else faces the frustration I did. Now I can sell my Nexus One, and completely move on to my Galaxy Nexus.

glad you got it working. you should be fine with flashing. good luck

Last edited by brad000123; 06-07-2013 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brad000123 View Post
    i am facing a bugs problem. some time the page is not open , link broken i think
    which link? pls describe the problem clearly so that others might help you out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links