Bricked N1 after battery pull?

This is a discussion on Bricked N1 after battery pull? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi guys, hope someone can advise, I've searched everywhere for a solution but none have helped. My nexus one started rebooting itself every hour or ...

Thread: Bricked N1 after battery pull?

Bricked N1 after battery pull?

Hi guys, hope someone can advise, I've searched everywhere for a solution but none have helped.

My nexus one started rebooting itself every hour or so yesterday, then today when I attempted to update an app (facebook) from the android market, after it installed the screen froze completely and would not respond to any key press or charge, so I removed the battery. When I reseated the battery there was no life from the phone, tried the power button - still nothing.

I've tried the 3 finger salute (trackball vol- power) and repeatedly reseating battery whilst holding vol- etc

The charge led alternates green/yellow when connected to AC and no battery installed then turns orange when battery inserted but as soon as I press the power button the orange led goes out. Have to remove power and battery to get the led back on, other than the led there is no buzz or sign of life from anything else I've tried.

Any advice on forcing this baby awake to trigger boot would be apprected.
    Sadly out of warranty.
    Would the JTAG(?) method i.e sending it away for repair be a possible solution to fix this kind of problem?

Nexus One
    Gingerbread 2.3.6 ota update
    Carrier Vodafone UK
    Rooted using Doomlord v4 Root
    Locked bootloader
    Stock recovery, radio, etc.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Angry Plus one. :(

My NexusOne has died today in a similar manner. I was playing AngryBirds and it crashed. It used to crash during this game, i verified this with a colleague of mine at work. Looks like there's some SW bug. To tell the truth, first i suspected that my phone is ill, because when it crashed, its bottom part was rather hot. But when my colleague confirmed the issue, i stopped worrying because there can't be two identical hardware faults at identical time. Additionally, experience showed that there is no correlation between crash frequency and active use time. I own this phone only for two months (it has been donated to me for development), so i don't know about its previous life. I know only it was out of use for a while.
    So, sometimes it rebooted after crash, sometimes it gave seven vibrations and i had to pull the battery in order to reboot it. Everything was fine until today
    Pulled the battery, replaced it back... No signs of life!
    I tried battery trick, i tried all possible and impossible emergency key combinations... No luck. One thing i remember - when i replaced the battery i ocassionally held power button pressed with the finger. For a short time, until noticed this.
    Looks like power manager is stuck. I know that there are some software which reprograms keys, including power on. So, consequently, this is pure software thing. Is there any supper-dupper reboot functionality? Or is it full brick?
    P.S. I have no JTAG device...
    P.P.S. This one (http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...tions-pls.html) is about the same... Looks like the problem is pandemic. I even suspect that something is wrong with the latest update from Google.

Exclamation

Well, since looks noone has ready-to-go solution, i'll try to investigate it.
    First good news: at my work we have RIFF box! So, there's something to work on...
    I'll post here any results.

no joy for me either, I have had to resort to sending it off to a seller on a well known market place site in a hope they can bring it back to life.
    They said they've had lots of N1's with this fault which require the bootloader reprogramming.
    Seen videos on youtube of them reprogramming one, lots of wires and flashing lights well out of my depth so best to leave it to the expert.
    How a locked bootloader becomes corrupt is beyond me - or maybe I should have unlocked it before rooting? I guess i'll never know.

Will post back when I hear from the Android A&E dept.!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    Well, since looks noone has ready-to-go solution, i'll try to investigate it.
    First good news: at my work we have RIFF box! So, there's something to work on...
    I'll post here any results.
    any luck bro. i am in similar condition.(the thread which u linked is mine )
    but mine is unlocked and ran custom gb rom.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Had a reply from the technition informing me the RAM is bad hence why it wont boot up.
    Repair invloves a new motherboard as the CPU, RAM etc are all on the same chip.
    It's just going to be hard getting hold of one.

see if it is cheaper to buy a used n1--haven't priced them lately
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

No time at work to deal with this, so waiting...
    Yes, parts replacement is going to be quite expensive. Technically, the technology is such that phone's internals can be viewed as one large chip. Well, two large chips. The board with flex cable assembly simply can't be taken apart. So if you replace something, you replace 1/3 of the whole device (3rd part is the display).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links