Stuck in a boot menu for no reason.

This is a discussion on Stuck in a boot menu for no reason. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all, I turned my phone off today and when I turned it on again it was on the boot menu thingy, no idea why. ...

Thread: Stuck in a boot menu for no reason.

Stuck in a boot menu for no reason.

Hi all,

I turned my phone off today and when I turned it on again it was on the boot menu thingy, no idea why. It now doesn't work very much, but occasionally I can get the buttons to do something. Tried all options other than the one which removes data, as I have a lot of photos and videos of my baby sister that I don't want to lose (you do lose that kind of data with the reset, right?).

Is there anyway I can get data off my phone before doing the reset thing? If I plug it into my computer, can I do anything? Might the phone have a virus, which would then get onto the computer too?

Any ideas would be fab.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i don't have my n1 anymore, so may not be of much step by step help, but--

a reset won't effect your sd card--assume the photos are there. take sd card out and using a card reader copy/paste sd card contents to pc

i doubt if you have a virus unless you are visiting warez sites

more info neede for someone to help further--

are you rooted, if so do you have a nandroid "backup"
    what recovery if rooted and what rom
    did you install anything right before this started
    when you say boot menu are you talking about the white screen with 3 androids
    what exactly can you do/not do as you say it "doesn't work very much"
    what EXACTLY have you done--pull battery, 3 finger salute, get into recovery etc
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Thank you very much for replying.

Okay, it turns out my photos and stuff are on the SD card (phew! thanks); I didn't realise I had set it as the default memory storage. Does this mean that all I'd lose with the clear storage option would be texts?

Not rooted and no backup.

Um, the last thing I installed was the Cleverbot app, but I haven't used it.

By 'boot menu' I do indeed mean that screen; the one with the fastboot option at the top and then bootloader, reboot, reboot bootloader, and power down as the four below.

As for what I can do, after leaving it on for maybe fifteen minutes or something I can use the volume buttons and the power button to select options, but it takes some time for this to work. Until such a point as it does, all that happens is that the phone is stuck on the skateboard screen.

Er, I have taken the battery out and replaced it; turned the phone on without a memory card; tried to turn it on with no SIM; gone into the bootloader menu and selected recovery, which just brings up a screen with an Android guy next to a warning sign; selected fastboot which just reloaded the same screen; selected reboot from the menu which just reboots that screen (and the same when reboot bootloader is selected); and I've tried doing the fastboot thing whilst holding the trackball. No idea what a three finger salute is.

i would backup sdcard first

the triangle you see is stock recovery, don't remember what buttons you tap to access stock recovery--was rooted for 2 years

i would wait for someone more familiar with a non-rooted phone

you may have lost recovery

don't clear storage or anything until someone chimes in--they will

you could google rooting a nexus, the steps may give you the buttons to tap to access stock recovery from that screen--there should be a sticky on it too
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Clearing Data with delete all data on internal storage. Your SD card will not be erased in any way. When your phone boots into triangle, click VOL UP and DWN at the same time. Then scroll to "Reboot System Now" with trackball or vol keys and press trackball. Should boot into regular system.
    Nexus One (Bricked) SOLD
    Nook Color (CM9 KANGS) SOLD
    iPod Touch 2G (Jailbroken w/ GreenPoison) SOLD
    Samsung Vibrant (CM10 Nightlies) SOLD
    HTC Sensation 4G (CM10 Kangs) SOLD
    Nexus S (i9020T) (CM10 Nightlies)
    Playstation Vita PCH 1004 (STOCK FW)
    Nexus 7 (CM10 Nightlies)
    Nexus 4: SOON!
    #team OG
    #team NEXUS
    #team GALAXYS

#TEAM SAMSUNG
    #TEAM ASUS

thanks for the info cmdrtomalacc

OP may have resolved it, hope so--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Exclamation

When i held my vol up/down it had a vibration then a green light started blinking at the top of my phone, and the screen is black. When i pressed the power button it didnt have any reaction

This is an older thread by another member and your issue isn't related. So no need to hikack.

It would be best to start a new thread in your phone section so your issue and OPs are not confusing to readers.

I check in here on occasion as this was my first Android Forum and feel an attachment--

But don't have N1 anymore as mentioned above. While you are starting new thread find out how to boot into bootloader on phone. Been too long I forget. If you can get to bootloader, you should be able to get things working.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Glad you're still around, rug! Thanks!

I WERA,

You still got your GN? I got the HTC 1S and enjoying it. All the usual joys and frustrations of rooting and running different roms--

Hard sometimes to remember how I got out of trouble on the N1. Just managed to do it. 1S has no sdcard, so a little different.

See things have slowed down a bit--just too many new phones out with more coming. The N1 is like your first love, always will have a place in your heart--

Hope most "recent" OP gets it sorted--

Ken

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links