Blackrose Resize CWM help?

This is a discussion on Blackrose Resize CWM help? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey, I resized my Nexus One blackrose to ICS and I installed 4EXT Touch Recovery but when I used Blackrose to resize its gone? I ...

Thread: Blackrose Resize CWM help?

Blackrose Resize CWM help?

Hey, I resized my Nexus One blackrose to ICS and I installed 4EXT Touch Recovery but when I used Blackrose to resize its gone? I went to recovery on the bootloader and all that shows up the "!" inside a triangle next to the little android so as regular booting it up. I didn't know Blackrose also wipes out the recovery and I used some one click root just to get it.

I've been reading in the forums about flashing CWM on the phone using Fastboot. But heres the thing. I dled fastboot.exe , the dll file and adb.exe and ran the cmd to install CWM but all it says is error cannot load "recovery.img(i renamed it)" Can someone send me a thread or link or anything that can teach me how to install CWM on it. I really don't know how to use Fastboot at all or Android SDK if it's needed. I checked the Wiki and it doesn't really say.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

yes blackrose can and has wiped recovery

the one click root is the easy way but won't help you out of trouble like you are in

best to root the old way by downloading the files you did or installing and using sdk which installs the files for you to a tools or platform-tools folder in the sdk folder. it took me many hours of googling to figure sdk/adb/fastboot out

i don't have my n1 anymore and am ready to call it a nite--long work day tomorrow

but if you get all those files into a folder on your C drive--call it fastboot if you want to, then you can see if fastboot and adb commands work--need n1 drivers installed too

then you need to open a command window and cd (change directory) to your C: fastboot folder

open command window

cd/ <enter>

cd fastbboot <enter>

then after that and on same line type adb devices

your phone must be plugged in with OS running and usb debugging must be checked in settings/dev options

if you get your phone ID# after adb devices, then type adb reboot bootloader

you should boot into fastboot, then type fastboot devices <enter>

another #---- should come up

you now need to make sure you have the correct recovery image in the fastboot folder--just the image

if so, type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img where recovery.img is EXACT name of the image file. check that before hand by right clicking on image and then properties. at this point i usually just copy/paste the image name to the command line

it should let you know if recovery flashed

then fastboot reboot-bootloader

if you boot to bootloader (red fastboot highlighted) you can navigate to recovery and install a rom that has SuperUser in it to get good root

ideally if you can get the Super User zip and a rom on sd card prior to all this you can install the rom then the SU zip while in recovery

either way you need at least a rom with SU in it on sd card, a nandroid with a similar rom on sdcard or you may have to push a rom to sdcard thru adb

you can see why adb and fastboot knowledge are necessary--

if you get to booting a rom do a nandroid backup right away and a good idea to backup sdcard to pc also

i also found it better to use fastboot commands for blackrose and splhexeditor to change partitions

haven't done this for awhile as i have been rooted for several years, so hope i didn't leave anything out

maybe one of the mods/techy members can confirm or correct me

also the xda n1 forum, where i guess you have been can help also

good luck
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by iTzTrevor View Post
    Hey, I resized my Nexus One blackrose to ICS and I installed 4EXT Touch Recovery but when I used Blackrose to resize its gone? I went to recovery on the bootloader and all that shows up the "!" inside a triangle next to the little android so as regular booting it up. I didn't know Blackrose also wipes out the recovery and I used some one click root just to get it.

I've been reading in the forums about flashing CWM on the phone using Fastboot. But heres the thing. I dled fastboot.exe , the dll file and adb.exe and ran the cmd to install CWM but all it says is error cannot load "recovery.img(i renamed it)" Can someone send me a thread or link or anything that can teach me how to install CWM on it. I really don't know how to use Fastboot at all or Android SDK if it's needed. I checked the Wiki and it doesn't really say.
    You probably figured out how to fix your problem by now, but if you installed 4ext recovery, then it saved a recovery image that you can flash via fastboot while your phone is in recovery. It should have saved the recovery image on your SD card in SD/Download/4EXT_Recovery_Touch/ and be named "recovery.img". Unzip and copy the recovery.img to your computer. Then use fastboot to flash it to recovery. Instead of rehashing what is already out there check out these links:
    Nexus One: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki - this will show you how to download and use fastboot and flash a recovery image.
    c2med Blog - Technology News, Reviews, and Tutorials: How to Install SpazeDog Jelly Bean or Ice Cream Sandwich on a Nexus One - this will show you how to update to ICS or JB using BlackRose.

Hope this helps

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links