Can't update my nexus one,, HELP!!

This is a discussion on Can't update my nexus one,, HELP!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; so i've been trying to update my nexus one for the past two days and i couldn't do it, i'm on version 2.1 (i know ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't update my nexus one,, HELP!!

Can't update my nexus one,, HELP!!

so i've been trying to update my nexus one for the past two days and i couldn't do it, i'm on version 2.1 (i know my phone is very old :P ) but i fail each time i try to manually update it,
    i've also tried updating it to 2.2 several times but it didn't work,
    the problem was that when i click on "recovery" i dont get the /!\ sign instead it takes me to a page with some options like flash sd card, reboot now,
    yeah i'm on build ERE36B i thought that this might be the problem but i don't know.

please help me, yeah excuse my english i'm not good at it :P and thank you

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

no longer an n1 owner, so someone will be along

but sounds like you don't have stock recovery since no triangle

more info would be helpful:

are you original owner, have you ever rooted, any new apps installed
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

what's stock recovery?
    yes i am the original owner and i never rooted it, i bought it 2 years ago and i used it for a few months and then stopped using it for a very long time. i installed some apps but all of them are from the market however i don't think that the problem is from them.
    are you sure it's not because of the build?
    thank you for your reply though

stock recovery is what phone came with. it's been about 2.5 years since i rooted my n1 and remember that triangle to be indicating you have the stock recovery as you should.

so, perhaps you lost recovery, not sure. you could uninstall those apps and see what happens. maybe they did not play well with older recovery.

a current owner will have to help, as i have forgotten a lot

maybe actually installing android sdk and being able to use fastboot/adb may help you out of your situation

you could unlock and flash a new recovery

or maybe flashing a passimg

hope someone can talk you thru some steps to help

another place to try for help would be the Nexus One subforum of the XDA Forum
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

since that i'm not an expert at this i'm afraid that when i flash it will brick my n1.

i'll take what you said into consideration and wait

thank you, i'll post my problem there and hope someone will answer me. thanks again

unless you are flashing radios and as long as you check md5s before flashing roms etc, you probably won't brick it

just read/read/read

i spent weeks reading/googling before i even attempted to unlock/root

a lot of people are gone here, not sure what experts remain. some check in occasionally. that's why xda may be quicker--not sure

wish i could remember more on troubleshooting steps to help you out--am old and memory doesn't work as well as it use to--sometimes i use gps to get to work--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

see that's the problem i don't even know what md5s means!!
    guess you're right i'm gonna try reading or watching videos.. yes i'm that lazy person

LOL no trust me being able to know all of these stuff is NOT old at all
    i'm impressed actually that u still remember stuff from n1, sometimes i forget what happend yesterday!

thank you a lot for your help! much appreciated!!

md5 is a checksum that compares your download to what it should be any deviation and it shows bad--google can explain it better

don't think you can do it till you are rooted and can use apps like es file explorer

you can check them on your pc if you download rom etc to pc and use a program like hash tab

all this depends on what you want your phone for. and how much time you want to invest in this. the N1 is getting old and so many new ones. i have the htc one s and yes rooted. but, as my first development phone--still sweet on it--

btw i had to look up dozens of words/terms. it is different language--

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

well yeah i know it's an old phone and all but it is still amazing! and since that i'm stuck with my stupid blackberry i thought about using 2 phones at a time.
    and i don't want to waste my money on a new phone that i will not use.

learning about phones is so frustrating and requires a lot of time

thank you dude you are awesome!!!

Welcome, Good Luck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links