Nexus One streaky screen issue - Please post here if you got it

This is a discussion on Nexus One streaky screen issue - Please post here if you got it within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have this issue as well. I think it's with all the devices. I guess we will have to live with it unless you don't ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One streaky screen issue - Please post here if you got it

I have this issue as well. I think it's with all the devices.

I guess we will have to live with it unless you don't want the Nexus One any more.

Does HTC have a better explanation for this?

The streaks are only visible at low/medium bright setting. HTC knows about it.. We will see what happens..
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

I think this is with all devices. So even though it's wrong, it's normal. I think unless HTC admits it's faulty, you will have to keep it like this or give it up.

I am going to deal with it for now as all the devices are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaz View Post
    The streaks are only visible at low/medium bright setting. HTC knows about it.. We will see what happens..
    I can see it at any brightness level. The only difference is that on high brightness, the sceen is blinding and it makes it harder to see.
    ________
    YOU **** TUBE

Wow. I just ordered my first Nexus few hours ago and as I read thru the issues I feel like I made an expensive doubtful purchase. Im very picky about the hardware part too when it comes to phones. I dont mind bugs on OS that will get updated, but not the actual device please. OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by mjn1 View Post
    Wow. I just ordered my first Nexus few hours ago and as I read thru the issues I feel like I made an expensive doubtful purchase. Im very picky about the hardware part too when it comes to phones. I dont mind bugs on OS that will get updated, but not the actual device please. OMG!
    I truly hope this issue gets fixed with a software update. I find it very annoying and I notice it all the time. I think the N1 is the best device I've ever used but there are two issues that I'm finding it hard to get past: this one and this one, Launcher Force Close - xda-developers.
    ________
    Video review

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidAppCritic View Post
    I truly hope this issue gets fixed with a software update. I find it very annoying and I notice it all the time. I think the N1 is the best device I've ever used but there are two issues that I'm finding it hard to get past: this one and this one, Launcher Force Close - xda-developers.
    Funny that you say that.

I was reading your thread on XDA, and I saw what people were saying about Home++ so I downloaded it. As i was removing all my apps/widgets from my regular launcher, it did a forceclose on one of the regular apps. :|
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

It doesn't seem like a lot of users are taking this as a problem. There aren't many complaining at this stage. So not a lot of people have realised this or they just don't care.

I think this might be a screen calibration thing. I hope it can be resolved with an update.

I have to send mine back anyway, there is dust under the screen.

i have it too, it's really noticeable when you view comments about a torrent.

I will try to get a pic (if i can find the charger for my camera )
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cocoaju View Post
    It doesn't seem like a lot of users are taking this as a problem. There aren't many complaining at this stage. So not a lot of people have realised this or they just don't care.

I think this might be a screen calibration thing. I hope it can be resolved with an update.

I have to send mine back anyway, there is dust under the screen.
    I too hope that this can be fixed by a software update because in truth, the screen is simply horrible at time, particularly on white screens. How nobody notices this is beyond me. I think that the screen issue should be either the number one or number two issue on this device and if it's not a software issue then it's a major defect that should be recalled by HTC. There are pages that are almost unreadable.

I've "solved" the launcher FC problem mentioned above by simply using Launcher+. I don't like home replacements anymore but Launcher+ is simply the Eclair launcher with no frills. As an added bonus I get about 50MB of extra memory since I'm not running the native launcher. My phone is now flying. The launcher is sure to be solved since the Android team knows what the problem is. It'll probably get fixed by Cyanogen first.
    ________
    Q VAPORIZER

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links