Nexus One streaky screen issue - Please post here if you got it

This is a discussion on Nexus One streaky screen issue - Please post here if you got it within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just noticed this tonight while reading these forums. I only notice it in low light setting and even then its more of an annoyance ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nexus One streaky screen issue - Please post here if you got it

I just noticed this tonight while reading these forums. I only notice it in low light setting and even then its more of an annoyance rather than making text unreadable. It does kind of bum me out having paid si mu h for a phone like this and it apparenntly has trouble with text.

well I read that before it isn't the issue or bad phone. It is the natural of the OLED screen, in low light level it will happen.

Unhappy Got It :(

My Nexus One has the same streaky screen problems. I find it very annoying. I asked someone else on Google Buzz and they said that their screen was perfect. Is it actually possible to get a perfect Nexus One screen? Without any funny lines?? The phone would be great if it weren't for this one problem. Please post if you know that yours is 100% perfect. I need hope!

About OLEDs,
    The OLED backlight is patterned in stripes with individual control and driving, and based on additional special optics it is used together with an modulating LC panel to realize a full 3D system. Such backlight sub-patterning and integration could be only realized in simple manner by OLEDs, increasing efficiency of the 3D system and reducing the thickness of the whole system.

So stripes (which hardly seen) are normal in OLED. So, do not panic bro.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nexuse View Post
    My Nexus One has the same streaky screen problems. I find it very annoying. I asked someone else on Google Buzz and they said that their screen was perfect. Is it actually possible to get a perfect Nexus One screen? Without any funny lines?? The phone would be great if it weren't for this one problem. Please post if you know that yours is 100% perfect. I need hope!
    I have a perfect screen. (and 20/20 vision).
    Really? Because you would have a very special Nexus One. I have seen six N1s and each has had them. You are the first to report that it does not have this "problem." As has been said many times, this is just the way the screen works. Anyone who says they don't have it must not know what they are looking for because it was on every N1 I've seen.
    ________
    Penny Stocks To Buy

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidAppCritic View Post

I have a perfect screen. (and 20/20 vision).
    Really? Because you would have a very special Nexus One. I have seen six N1s and each has had them. You are the first to report that it does not have this "problem." As has been said many times, this is just the way the screen works. Anyone who says they don't have it must not know what they are looking for because it was on every N1 I've seen.
    Yes, really. This thread has quite a few respondants that cannot see it, so I am not the first. You and Apogee are the first to report it's a 'major problem' and a 'dealbreaker', while others can only see it at very low light levels and 'slightly turned', or would not have otherwised noticed without this thread and intentionally looking for it (and I know what I'm looking for).

Edit: I just used Toggle Settings to take my screen down to 0% (yes, apparently there is a 0% LOL) and only now I see the lines. I would have never seen them at any of the other brightness levels, and in fact, I'm having a tough time even reading the text at this low brightness...it's a strain. I stay @ 50% at night bedside, and 100% during regular usage, no lines at either setting.
    I have never said that it was a deal breaker or even the end of the world, only that the issue exists on all Nexus One phones (see, even you can see it). I found it quite annoying in the beginning but have gotten used to it to the point that I don't really care much. I use my screen at 20% all the time with one exception--when I'm walking to my car during the day I pump it up to 100% so I can see the screen in the daylight. I read a lot (a whole lot) on my phone so I notice it more often than the casual reader.

For the record, the only way I'm giving up my Nexus One is for the Nexus Two. It's the best phone/device (I barely use the phone) I've ever used, hands down.
    ________
    The Cigar Boss

Quote Originally Posted by AndroidAppCritic View Post

Yes, really. This thread has quite a few respondants that cannot see it, so I am not the first. You and Apogee are the first to report it's a 'major problem' and a 'dealbreaker', while others can only see it at very low light levels and 'slightly turned', or would not have otherwised noticed without this thread and intentionally looking for it (and I know what I'm looking for).

Edit: I just used Toggle Settings to take my screen down to 0% (yes, apparently there is a 0% LOL) and only now I see the lines. I would have never seen them at any of the other brightness levels, and in fact, I'm having a tough time even reading the text at this low brightness...it's a strain. I stay @ 50% at night bedside, and 100% during regular usage, no lines at either setting.
    I have never said that it was a deal breaker or even the end of the world, only that the issue exists on all Nexus One phones (see, even you can see it). I found it quite annoying in the beginning but have gotten used to it to the point that I don't really care much. I use my screen at 20% all the time with one exception--when I'm walking to my car during the day I pump it up to 100% so I can see the screen in the daylight. I read a lot (a whole lot) on my phone so I notice it more often than the casual reader.

For the record, the only way I'm giving up my Nexus One is for the Nexus Two. It's the best phone/device (I barely use the phone) I've ever used, hands down.
    Same here...I plan on using the Nex for a few years, provided I haven't killed it first. FWIW, when I had the screen turned down to 0%, the first thing I noticed was my fingerprints all over the screen...I found them MUCH more annoying than the lines, which still took some effort to 'find'.
    The best way to clean the screen, which is definitely one of the most annoying aspects of the device, is to carry a glasses cleaning cloth. If you don't wear glasses, go into a glasses store and get one. The softer the better. It will clean it like it came from the factory.
    ________
    Arizona Marijuana Dispensary

I have it too. But as it's been said before, it's just the nature of OLED's, especially in a small, high resolution package like our N1 screen.

Remember, there is NO backlight with OLED screens. It's the pixel's themselves that produce the light. Since the N1 is so thin, the power is relayed over horizontal sets of pixels, passing over the ones that do not need it, which causes the streak issue (and which is why it's not visible in landscape mode). OLED TV's have individual power sources for sets of pixel's, which eliminates this problem, but in a small package like our phones, this cannot be done.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links