Nexus One Low Speaker Volume?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Low Speaker Volume? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; N1 speaker better than iPhone 3G but lower than 3GS. However the quality is better if not too much treble...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Low Speaker Volume?

N1 speaker better than iPhone 3G but lower than 3GS. However the quality is better if not too much treble

Quote Originally Posted by DJdroid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
    I can fix the volume, no problem. But its the rooting process that is stopping me from doing it. Until they can find a way to fix the fact that you can't lock it again, i wont be doing much "modding" till then.
    So the only way to fix the volume problem is by rooting the Nexus?
    Yes, you root it and use audio hack from the market. My G1's were so low to start with but audio hack by meltus fixed it.

Guys, I am really curious about this! You say it is so soft, some of you missed 5+ calls??

Let me suggest something: Try to record and check the decibel rating! It may be that you have been listening to music much too loudly! Remember that the EU is considering passing very strict regulations about how loud these types of devices can be, so I'm sure Google made the Nexus One to be the loudest possible while meeting specification.

It's true that this might mean a *little* quieter than before, but wow, I find this phone can be almost deafening. Not as loud as the Omnia HD or something (very powerful speakers on that one), but still, every phone I get, I find people saying it's too soft. Please try recording the db level, and seeing if it's really something that the FDA or EU considers "soft", or you might want to lay off the loud tunes for a week... some hearing sensitivity can be restored, and further loss can be prevented!

If you work in construction, then I guess it's a legitimate problem either way...

Speaker

Low speaker but overall great phone. I hope there is a fix later but not a big issue for me.

Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
    So far i love this phone. But the speaker is really low. Anyone else think so?

I am having trouble using this app "Louder Volume Hack".

I have music playing in the background, then enter the app.

Then I press one of the versions, and then press the "push files" icon.

But I do not notice an increase in volume!

What am I doing wrong?

It does not seem like this app is user friendly...

Quote Originally Posted by superwario View Post
    I am having trouble using this app "Louder Volume Hack".

I have music playing in the background, then enter the app.

Then I press one of the versions, and then press the "push files" icon.

But I do not notice an increase in volume!

What am I doing wrong?

It does not seem like this app is user friendly...
    Your phone is rooted isn't it. Haven't used it on th N1 but on the G1 it really increases your sound.

It is rooted but no custom rom. My n1 torch works tho so my root works

Very low i got mine today and that dispointed me. I like my phones loud, as to i don't always have it in front of me. I loved sony ericsson cause they always had loud phones and i guess that spoiled me. Went to the G1 and it was low delt with it came from a BB and came back to this. other than that the phone has been GREAT! Tomorrow i will see if i can get a full use out of my phone for battery life, and then some. I had it out of the box for 3 hours 20 mins and it died, its on the charger right now.

The speaker volume is killing me... I use my phone as an alarm and I slept right through it this morning.... Making me late for work.. :-(

I was disappointed with the level of volume on my iPhone as well, but it at least woke me up most mornings... I'm not gonna give up yet, but this might drive me back to the iPhone..

Quote Originally Posted by gmccauley View Post
    The speaker volume is killing me... I use my phone as an alarm and I slept right through it this morning.... Making me late for work.. :-(

I was disappointed with the level of volume on my iPhone as well, but it at least woke me up most mornings... I'm not gonna give up yet, but this might drive me back to the iPhone..
    If your iPhone only "at least woke me up most mornings", then I'd just suggest getting an alarm clock and having the phone you like the most instead of having the alarm function be your deciding factor

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links