Nexus One Low Speaker Volume?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Low Speaker Volume? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by terryd66 I did notice the N1 speaker isn't that good. I've already missed 5 calls because I couldn't hear the ring and ...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Low Speaker Volume?

Quote Originally Posted by terryd66 View Post
    I did notice the N1 speaker isn't that good. I've already missed 5 calls because I couldn't hear the ring and the volume is at max. I tried using the handsfree which isn't good at all. I also have the motorola milestone and compared them side by side using handsfree and the milestone is alot better. I'll be patient and see how things go over the next week with the N1.
    Try different ring tone, some ring tone is louder than the other.

EXACTLY!!!!!! WTF?? would you depend on your phone to be your alarm. it wastes battery and an alarm clock is like $5 at walmart, same price a burger combo lol. But seriously if you can afford this phone i think you can buy an alarm clock.

Well I depend on my phone to wake me up. Well when i had a phone that could.But the fact is this speaker is unbelievably low. I miss calls everyday since I received this phone. I ended up just wearing a Bluetooth most of the day now. Dont get me wrong the phone is great. But a little more money could have went to a better speaker. So instead of having a all in one device. I had to go get a alarm clock cause I can't wear my Bluetooth when I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by whsnext View Post
    Well I depend on my phone to wake me up. Well when i had a phone that could.But the fact is this speaker is unbelievably low. I miss calls everyday since I received this phone. I ended up just wearing a Bluetooth most of the day now. Dont get me wrong the phone is great. But a little more money could have went to a better speaker. So instead of having a all in one device. I had to go get a alarm clock cause I can't wear my Bluetooth when I sleep.
    Well you can get yourself a bluetooth speaker.. and set it next to your bed.. That may help or just a PC speaker connect it with 3.5mm jack. I think that work, too.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say 'WTF!', but I think your expectations of the phone as a suitable waking alarm clock is a bit too generous.
    <<Also replying to others about phone = alarm clock>>

I have used my cell phone as an alarm clock for the last 6 years probably. I know MANY other people that do the same thing. In fact, I would say that among the people I know it is the norm.

Why would you use some crap $5 alarm clock when you could have an awesome phone play any ringtone, pandora, or do something else? I have been able to wake up to my phone alarm, but I don't think I can fully rely on it anymore like previous phones. I do, however, like the idea of using a speaker to boost the volume.

For boosting the volume of ringtones, I would recommend using an audio software like Audacity, Sound Studio, (insert whatever here) to boost the audio in the signal. That would make the ring a bit louder, even on a weaker speaker. It does have some, albeit limited, effectiveness.

Yeah I guess. But paying for a super phone and you can barely hear it bothers me a little.

Perhaps after I use the phone more say...outside...I'll think it's unacceptable. I'm sure they will do a fix since the default is sorta low-ish. I have a ringtone of dogs barking and it would absolutely wake me up. If I didn't have an alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by superwario View Post
    It is rooted but no custom rom. My n1 torch works tho so my root works
    I think you will have to wait until meltus has an update for 2.1. The sdk was released a couple of days ago.

My Omnia HD's volume on setting 2 is the same as this phone on max volume....!!! Very disappointing.

This is close to a deal breaker for me!!! Even with hacking this in the future, the fact that it has a mono speaker will only contribute to some serious distortion by messing with the PreDR gain's... Hmmmmm!!!???

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links