Nexus One Low Speaker Volume?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Low Speaker Volume? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Meltus is working on a fix for the N1. He is inquiring about it on the XDA forums. Give him some time. If you want ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Low Speaker Volume?

Meltus is working on a fix for the N1. He is inquiring about it on the XDA forums. Give him some time. If you want to fix it yourself you can with a bit of hex editing and some XML tweaking.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Unhappy

The speaker volume is low for me too. Depends on who is talking on it or how loud they recorded it. So if it's music,I hear the loud parts well and not the soft parts. Unless I literally hold the phone to my ear....but that kinda defeats the purpose of having a speakerphone,no?

One workaround that's just as annoying is to use headphones.This is kinda dumb in some cases, but it's what I gotta do if I wanna hear it.

its weird because i have a certain ringtone that is really loud but the default are not....and also when i watch videos from youtube most of them are really quiet....there has to be a way to turn up the volume more. i remember when i had a samsung omnia there was a way to go into some hidden options and turn it up more.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say 'WTF!', but I think your expectations of the phone as a suitable waking alarm clock is a bit too generous.
    Too generous to expect a phone to wake you up? Hmmm... How about a phone call in the middle of the night that wakes you? Uh... that is a phone waking you, take another tiny step and you have a cell phone waking you w/an alarm! All I do is set it to my cock..............................alarm tone and then voila! I'm awake! Annoying as hell yes, but fun & still wakes me up. But really though, missing calls? Did you guys know that this phone vibrates? Nice...

Keep in mind, I am joking here so don't get all bent for this comment...

:rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by saetam View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say 'WTF!', but I think your expectations of the phone as a suitable waking alarm clock is a bit too generous.
    Too generous to expect a phone to wake you up? Hmmm... How about a phone call in the middle of the night that wakes you? Uh... that is a phone waking you, take another tiny step and you have a cell phone waking you w/an alarm! All I do is set it to my cock..............................alarm tone and then voila! I'm awake! Annoying as hell yes, but fun & still wakes me up. But really though, missing calls? Did you guys know that this phone vibrates? Nice...

Keep in mind, I am joking here so don't get all bent for this comment...

:rofl3:
    RELIABLY..is the key here. As an employer, if one of my guys came to me and said he was late due to his PHONE not waking him up....well, you get the idea.. Sure, a phone alarm can wake you, no doubts...but to rely on it for something as important as work, every day? Good luck with that! :rofl3:
    Honestly, the phone is as reliable as any other alarm. Granted maybe not as loud, but once you get in the habit of going to work, or waking up at a certain time daily, your body actually gets in the habit of waking up at a certain time. So, whether or not you have an incredibly loud phone or not, your own clock starts to wake you up and the phone does the rest. Plus, you can play w/the db level of custome ringtones to make the N1 scream, I have done so myself. I do truly understand your position as well though, if some cabron came to work late blaming his alarm, phone, I really don't think so buddy! GTFO!

The biggest issue with the speaker will be using it for navigation. If your car is even remotely noisy you are going to have a tough time hearing the directions. Or will the $45 car dock take care of the low speaker volume?

Speaker on this phone is horrible. An older HTC P3600i had a great speakerphone in it. Compared to that speakerphone this one is junk.

HTC P3600i - Full phone specifications

Any fix yet to this issue? Has Meltus updated his louder volume hack to include the nexus one? I know on the iphone, they used to poke the speaker with a pin and that made the volume louder. Could the same apply here?

No fix.. Speakers simply suck. They basically stuck low end speakers in there.

Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    No fix.. Speakers simply suck. They basically stuck low end speakers in there.

No Bose? This phone is crap!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links