Nexus One Low Speaker Volume?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Low Speaker Volume? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 Originally Posted by americanexpat Originally Posted by alphawave7 Your own LOUD custom ringtone will fix this. I tried a few but ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Low Speaker Volume?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    Your own LOUD custom ringtone will fix this.
    I tried a few but volume sounded pretty much the same. What custom ringtone did you use that made it LOUD?
    Use a wav editor, like Nero, use settings to increase volume. Here's one using Audacity:
    How to Increase Volume of mp3 - The Technology Guide
    Thanks. Will give this a try and see how it works out.

Yes..the mic does work. You would have to have personal experience with the device, as opposed to reading/watching about it, to truly know, right?
    Indeed, and from your experience, how is the speaker? I'll be coming from a Pearl 8130 which I think has a very good external speaker, and I plan on using the Nexus One for watching movies/youtube videos and listening to music at night before falling asleep. Also, for an alarm, for handsfree speakerphone, and navigation. How do you feel about these tasks with the speaker?

Are there apps to improve the speaker?

Can we replace the physical speaker with a better version without destroying the phone?

Re: Nexus One Low Speaker Volume?

I don't know why they make the speaker on the back. When you do a call on speaker, the voice comes out from the back. It definitely makes the volume lower.. not a smart design IMHO
    I totally agree. The placement of the loud speaker on the back of the phone is a complete mistake. People place their phones on its back, in their pockets against their body, all that covers the speaker and dramatically silences the phone.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post

Yes..the mic does work. You would have to have personal experience with the device, as opposed to reading/watching about it, to truly know, right?
    Indeed, and from your experience, how is the speaker? I'll be coming from a Pearl 8130 which I think has a very good external speaker, and I plan on using the Nexus One for watching movies/youtube videos and listening to music at night before falling asleep. Also, for an alarm, for handsfree speakerphone, and navigation. How do you feel about these tasks with the speaker?

Are there apps to improve the speaker?

Can we replace the physical speaker with a better version without destroying the phone?
    I find the speaker acceptable for voice/speakerphone..and can be quite loud, but is lackluster for music, with sounds all washed together, no dynamic range whatsoever. Frankly, and old AM pocket radio would sound better. I do listen to podcasts in the morning, using the onboard speaker while making/eating breakfast, and it's plenty loud even several rooms away, and speakerphone is good, not great. For music, I'd recommend an amped portable speaker, or use bt earbuds, like I do (Jabra BT3030 'dog tag').

Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post

I had posted in this thread about the speaker volume being low, but I've had no real problems with it after months of use. It is hard to watch a youtube video when I'm out with friends, but calls are loud enough for me. The navigation is loud enough when sitting on my lap in the car and listening to music on low-medium volume.
    It's not the loudest or the best, but it works for me.

I find the speaker acceptable for voice/speakerphone..and can be quite loud, but is lackluster for music, with sounds all washed together, no dynamic range whatsoever. Frankly, and old AM pocket radio would sound better. I do listen to podcasts in the morning, using the onboard speaker while making/eating breakfast, and it's plenty loud even several rooms away, and speakerphone is good, not great. For music, I'd recommend an amped portable speaker, or use bt earbuds, like I do (Jabra BT3030 'dog tag').
    Yeah, bit of a bummer. That's probably one thing I'm really going to miss about my BB. I use the speaker all the time for talking to people and for listening to music at night before bed (earphones won't work for this). I was also hoping that this could be a good media device and was planning to load movies/shows onto the mini sd for late night viewing in bed.

Is there an equalizer app or somesuch that can at least help to correct the sound? I'm less concerned with volume than I am with clarity...

I wonder if I can buy a better speaker at the electronics store and swap it out...

N1 speaker

Of all little quirks about the N1 that I'm unfortunately having to learn to tolerate, the speaker quality is the worst. I'm embarrassed when I get an IM in public because it sounds so cheap. Very disappointing. I called HTC and got them to send out another phone but it was exactly the same. So now I too am thinking about trying to replace it with another speaker from somewhere..? If anyone else has any thoughts or suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

just used the audacity software and now its really loud good tool

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    just used the audacity software and now its really loud good tool
    Is that because your 'rooted' though?

I agree, the volume is too low! I want a fix!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links