Nexus One Low Speaker Volume?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Low Speaker Volume? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Bishop6 Originally Posted by tonybhoy just used the audacity software and now its really loud good tool Is that because your 'rooted' ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Nexus One Low Speaker Volume?

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    just used the audacity software and now its really loud good tool
    Is that because your 'rooted' though?
    yes i'm rooted bishop,i work in construction so needed a bit louder and got it with audacity

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Is that because your 'rooted' though?
    yes i'm rooted bishop,i work in construction so needed a bit louder and got it with audacity

Go figure!!

Thanks.

[quote=tonybhoy;44980][quote=Bishop6;44873]

i work in construction so needed a bit louder and got it with audacity

How's clarity? Bass? Does it still sound tinny, or worse?

If you need an audio boost try a custom kernel like this one:
    [Kernel - .33.3]intersectRaven's Kernel (new Hybrid AVS *Stable*) 04/29/2010 11:07am - xda-developers
    you can even save more battery life with them, thats what they were supposed to

I'm using the latest 800mV kernel and its working great
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Quote Originally Posted by Joshhawaii View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post

Indeed, and from your experience, how is the speaker? I'll be coming from a Pearl 8130 which I think has a very good external speaker, and I plan on using the Nexus One for watching movies/youtube videos and listening to music at night before falling asleep. Also, for an alarm, for handsfree speakerphone, and navigation. How do you feel about these tasks with the speaker?
    I had posted in this thread about the speaker volume being low, but I've had no real problems with it after months of use. It is hard to watch a youtube video when I'm out with friends, but calls are loud enough for me. The navigation is loud enough when sitting on my lap in the car and listening to music on low-medium volume.
    It's not the loudest or the best, but it works for me.
    I wish there was a way to get voice nav through bluetooth headset (if there is, I havent figured it out)... however - when on a call, it does come through the bluetooth (kinda hard to keep on open call though just to hear nav directions).

The hands-free speaker is a weak point of the phones hardware... when the volume is up loud enough to hear, its so thin/tinny and distort its very distracting - bad speaker...

To those asking about software to help the sound, I don't see how anything other than a better actual speaker would help.
    Ron Paul is correct.

Is it possible to plug in an external speaker to the headphone jack socket? I know that is not how it should be, but if it allows the satnav to be heard in the car then maybe it is necessary!

Are people finding the ring tones to be loud enough? I work outside a lot, sometimes with machinery running, and dont want to be missing calls.

Thanks

Voice nav through your headset

Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneToo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rabaker07 View Post

Indeed, and from your experience, how is the speaker? I'll be coming from a Pearl 8130 which I think has a very good external speaker, and I plan on using the Nexus One for watching movies/youtube videos and listening to music at night before falling asleep. Also, for an alarm, for handsfree speakerphone, and navigation. How do you feel about these tasks with the speaker?
    I had posted in this thread about the speaker volume being low, but I've had no real problems with it after months of use. It is hard to watch a youtube video when I'm out with friends, but calls are loud enough for me. The navigation is loud enough when sitting on my lap in the car and listening to music on low-medium volume.
    I wish there was a way to get voice nav through bluetooth headset (if there is, I havent figured it out)... however - when on a call, it does come through the bluetooth (kinda hard to keep on open call though just to hear nav directions).

The hands-free speaker is a weak point of the phones hardware... when the volume is up loud enough to hear, its so thin/tinny and distort its very distracting - bad speaker...

To those asking about software to help the sound, I don't see how anything other than a better actual speaker would help.
    The new Jawbone Icon lets you "listen" to your voice navigation while your headset is on. Works great.

Quote Originally Posted by zz4cgk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusOneToo View Post

The new Jawbone Icon lets you "listen" to your voice navigation while your headset is on. Works great.
    I was using a Motorola H710 at the time of post you responded to... Now I'm using a Blue Ant Q1 - its exceptional and yes nav is heard through it as well... now the only negative is no voice activated dialing through bluetooth, but of course that and N1 issue not the earbud ~

I skipped to the end to post this, so please excuse if this was said...

First, my iPhone 3G had MUCH better volume for hands free than my N1. I can't understand people saying different, but then.

Anyway, the reason I figured the volume was low is the same as my alarm clock. The tiny hole that the sound come through. The speaker is MUCH larger inside. I pulled the battery cover, carefully pulled off the mesh covering the hole and enlarged it to about 4X. Then reinstalled the mesh (has glue backing on it) and now the volume is great.

The moral is you can't expect concert volume through a tiny hole.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links