Audio not working in vehicle bluetooth

This is a discussion on Audio not working in vehicle bluetooth within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by ggrant3876 Have a ford sync and it won't pair, there was an error during pairing. Very frustrating. Tried several times, almost get ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Audio not working in vehicle bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Have a ford sync and it won't pair, there was an error during pairing. Very frustrating. Tried several times, almost get the code in then I get an error before it pairs. Never had a problem with the G1 or Behold II.

I just found out after i bought a 3.5 audio cable...Nexus can stream Pandora, last.fm and any audio to my factory radio in stereo "ford Sync" I was ultra excited although my phones before this one might have been able to do that, just never tried.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dallasfever View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrant3876 View Post
    Have a ford sync and it won't pair, there was an error during pairing. Very frustrating. Tried several times, almost get the code in then I get an error before it pairs. Never had a problem with the G1 or Behold II.

I just found out after i bought a 3.5 audio cable...Nexus can stream Pandora, last.fm and any audio to my factory radio in stereo "ford Sync" I was ultra excited although my phones before this one might have been able to do that, just never tried.
    I Pandora and Slacker on my commute. Lucky enough to have 3G for almost the entire trip, too...very rarely a dropout. Don't miss my XM/Sirius subs at all!
    Ahhh man i called Sirius the other day about to renew my expired subscription. They wanted $147 before tax for 1 yr...SMH I said never mind thinking they had a rebuttal but the guys said "thanks for calling" lmao I had Sirius in 2-3 cars..Never again since i have internet radio.

mine works perfectly with my aftermarket cheapo stereo.

Guys,

Not sure if some of the stereos you are having problems with support the bluetooth stereo profile (A2DP) which is different to handsfree and headset profiles. Bluetooth is split into profiles which to work need to be supported by both bit of hardware, in this case the Nexus one and the car audio system (or attachment). Some cars support A2DP and some don't but all should support handsfree, this is why calls are Ok but music streaming isn't.

For those with no audio at all it's not clear what the issue is. Have you tried with other phones to see if the car side does work?

No SAP in NEXUS ONE

In Europe we need Sim Access Profile ( SAP or rSAP) bluetooth to connect to a large number of European cars.
    From the research I have done there is no rSAP support in the Nexus One. This is not good news as I expected that this would be a must in such a sophisticated device. rSAP is a standard for most European cars - I have a Merc and am pretty disappointed that I can't pair the Nexus One. 90% of Nokia's have this feature as standard - but there is a thread that rSAP is a Nokia patented bluetooth stack and therefore cannot be integrated into the Nexis One - a little like multitouch I guess.
    Lots of complaints and lobbying on the Android developers site. I have to put my trust in the creativity of the Android developers. By the way, this message just came in from a developer in Italy with a free bluetooth file transfer package. A asked them whether it was possiblme to provide an app.
    "Yes, this is technically possible, but Google is surprisingly intransigent regarding Bluetooth on its Android platform (marketing strategy?). Medieval Software.

Let's get this lobby going...

TerD

Hi TerD,

It would be very interesting if car manufacturers only implemented the SAP profile if it's not widely adopted by handset vendors, if I recall it has to be implemented in addition to handsfree and not in replace of... I could be wrong however but can check with old colleagues as it's an interesting point.

As for Nokia and bluetooth, Nokia don't own the Bluetooth stack, look here for who does www.csr.com

Thanks for this. I guess you are right. I have a Merc and when I bought it my dealer only recommended 3 Nokia handsets ( old ones). Then I found that the E65 worked on the MB Command bluetooth interface, so this is what I have been using for a few years. Nokia do have SAP as standard, which is why I thought they had a patent ( joint development). Still, it's a bit much when your car dealer tells you which phone to buy!

I think the same problem exists with the iPHONE.

Still, we have to give our trust to the Android development community, or at least lobby to make sure that SAP bluetooth is pushed up the agenda for the Nexus One.

Regards

TerD

Hi

I live in Manchester in the Uk and run a small business installing aftermarket hands free car kits.

My initial tests with the Nexus One haven't been great

Parrot CK3100 pairs but won't transfer phonebook

Parrot MKi9100 pairs but won't transfer phonebook streams music over A2DP ok

THB Bury CC9060 Pairs OK, Sync's Contacts OK Streams music over A2DP ok

The big problem with all 3 kits is that the phone constantly drops its bluetooth connection with alarming regularity (like every 2 minutes)

So at the moment I can't recommend a good Hands Free Car Kit for the Nexus One
    I think the problem is the Nexus One software rather than the car kits,
    although Parrot are investigating the phonebook sync problem with HTC as the previous HTC magic sync'ed fine with their kits.

I'll keep you posted as soon as I get more info

Cheers........ Rick

rSAP connectivitity with sim access profile has always been stable on my Merc using my E65. My choice was really the Nokia E71 or the Nexus, and my current experience of Symbian...well, it's clunky. The NI is fun, great for email, great for online news, syncs with google calendar and is so intuitive. I just hope developers push this SAP bluetooth connectivity up the priority list.

Thanks for your feedback

TerD

Hi Rick,

I use the Mki9200 and see the bluetooth drop all the time, it does sync the phonebook though. Won't go into the bluetooth chip in the N1 but there are always problems with it.

I get another problem with the MKi9200 when if I'm skipping through an MP3 and I get an email, the N1 sends the sound to the MKi9200 (pausing the MP3) which then doesn't resume the MP3 playback - this is a bug in the Parrot and I only mention it to show it's not all the N1 cause problems! I'll be posting this on the Parrot forum later...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links