hard reset?

This is a discussion on hard reset? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; hello i have been reading online but have yet to figure out a way to do a hard reset/factory reset on this phone, can someone ...

Thread: hard reset?

hard reset?

hello i have been reading online but have yet to figure out a way to do a hard reset/factory reset on this phone, can someone help me out?

Thank you

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

There is a factory data reset built into the phone from Google. It will wipe out all user data and restore the factory settings. I assume this is what you are looking for, it can be found by:

-Pressing the hard menu button
    -Select "Settings"
    -Select "Privacy" from the menu
    -Select "Factory data reset"

But make sure you really, really want to do that before you commit to it. Although with Google/Facebook account synching it wouldn't be hard to get your contacts back.

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much im new to android, im coming from a iphone so its a bit different, but im learning. Thank s again

Anytime. Android is great once you get used to it you'll be up and running at least as well as you were on the iPhone, if not better.

I'm not sure if that factory reset has permission to wipe the SD card as well. I would suggest backing up any pictures/videos you want to keep before you reset the device just in case.

In the contacts screen, if you hit the Menu button there is a option to Export Contacts to SD card. It saves all of the names and contact pics onto the card!

I had to do a factory reset to remove the gmail address I put on it. It deletes ALL of your PAID apps, so either uninstall the paid apps if its under 24 hours for the refund, or you can redownload it after for free. It doesn't delete what you have on your SD card, or SIM card. It also doesnt affect anything that is backed up into Google account.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

ok cool, and thank yall for the help. Im really liking this phone i dont have to jailbreak it to do the stuff i couldnt do with the iphone.

Good to know about the contacts export. Thanks for that heads up.

another way to do it is power off-hold volume down + power button.

Quote Originally Posted by zukbang View Post
    another way to do it is power off-hold volume down + power button.

true, and this will do a clean wipe--- just like it is outta the box, the reset in privacy as described above is not the same

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links