Issues with USB/Mounting SD Card

This is a discussion on Issues with USB/Mounting SD Card within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; First of all, I thing my N1 is GREAT, except for one issue. When I select the option to mount the SD card, card, momentarily ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Issues with USB/Mounting SD Card

Unhappy Issues with USB/Mounting SD Card

First of all, I thing my N1 is GREAT, except for one issue. When I select the option to mount the SD card, card, momentarily my computer recognizes it, but then I select the drive representing my N1 and my computer indicates nothing is attached.....

I actually took the mini SD card out of the phone and put it in the computer directly, which was recognized, so I know the card is fine.

I have Win Vista - 64 bit.

Does anyone else have this problem? is there someone at Google I can call?

Thanks for any info

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Follow up to my post...Phone drivers do not work for 64 bit computers

I called HTC and they suspected it that the 64 bit OS was not suported by the drivers. I confirmed this becasue I could mount the SD card to my 32 bit XP machine.

Quote Originally Posted by jbartee View Post
    I called HTC and they suspected it that the 64 bit OS was not suported by the drivers. I confirmed this becasue I could mount the SD card to my 32 bit XP machine.
    I can confirm it mounts fine on my 64bit Windows 7 rig.

You are correct in thinking this is an issue with the 64bit architecture of Windows. xda-developers.com had a thread regarding this a while ago for other android devices (this is NOT a Nexus One only problem, but I can't seem to dig up the post).

You will need to install a new driver in order for the computer to properly see the device when connected. Follow this link, the driver you need is wrapped into the SDK Android SDK | Android Developers

I haven't played around with that particular install yet but it came up on a few other forums which makes it believable that it will work.

Let me know if that helps.

I'm having this problem in Windows XP Pro 32-bit edition

I attached the Nx1 via USB. Windows recognized the USB device as a Nexus One hard drive or some such. A new drive appears in Windows Explorer, but when I click on the drive letter, I get the error message that I need to insert a disk. Settings in the Nx1 phone show that there is a 4GB storage card inserted with 3.xx GB free.

I haven't tried inserting the card directly into the computer via a USB adapter ... I thought I could just attach the phone directly and I could a) charge the phone if needed and b) transfer files to and fro.

Any ideas? Do I need to format the card first before Windows will see it?

Quote Originally Posted by soulstar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartee View Post
    I can confirm it mounts fine on my 64bit Windows 7 rig.
    me too..no problems at all with my 64 win 7

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarkAZ View Post
    I attached the Nx1 via USB. Windows recognized the USB device as a Nexus One hard drive or some such. A new drive appears in Windows Explorer, but when I click on the drive letter, I get the error message that I need to insert a disk. Settings in the Nx1 phone show that there is a 4GB storage card inserted with 3.xx GB free.

I haven't tried inserting the card directly into the computer via a USB adapter ... I thought I could just attach the phone directly and I could a) charge the phone if needed and b) transfer files to and fro.

Any ideas? Do I need to format the card first before Windows will see it?
    Once you connect the phone to the computer there is a notification that pops up in the top bar. Open your notifications and click the USB option, it will then prompt you to mount/unmount the phone as a storage device. That should get you what you're looking for.

That got it

Quote Originally Posted by Allhailpoptart View Post
    Once you connect the phone to the computer there is a notification that pops up in the top bar. Open your notifications and click the USB option, it will then prompt you to mount/unmount the phone as a storage device. That should get you what you're looking for.
    To quoth Krusty the Klown: "Ahhh, CRAP!" I didn't know that there would be a notification on Nexus. Once I tapped that, the drive was accessible from within windows.

Thanks, and yes, all must hail the pop tart. 'Tis a redoubtable culinary invention.

wmm
    Normally that works for me. However, a couple of times I have pushed the "mount" button in the notification on the Nexus One and nothing happened -- it never published the SD card to the host computer. Nothing I was able to do, short of power-cycling the phone, would allow the host computer to mount the card. I don't have any idea what might be different about the couple of times that it failed; most times it works exactly as designed.

win 7 64 and sd card problems

I cannot get the SD card to stay mounted. I mount it and it instantly dismounts it will not stay mounted at all. It works fine on 32 bit os. I have the lasted SDK developers drivers installed. Any help is appreciated.
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links