Nexus One External Speaker Problem

This is a discussion on Nexus One External Speaker Problem within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Fxdog Good point Dallasfever. Google's support website is useless. I did go to HTC's website, called them and found their support staff ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One External Speaker Problem

HTC Tech Support Good

Quote Originally Posted by Fxdog View Post
    Good point Dallasfever. Google's support website is useless. I did go to HTC's website, called them and found their support staff helpful. As a result, I will exchange the phone instead of returning and give it another shot.

For those of you who had a hard time figuring out who to contact, this was helpful:

HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair

phone number: 888-216-4736

I've got a number of issues on my N1. Two calls with HTC, both answered promptly by helpful people. Phone going back on exchange. Love the phone. Expect new one to fix my issues. Great customer service so far.

Quote Originally Posted by wamchu View Post
    I find qualtiy of the speaker is not that great, could it be some wrong or its just normal.
    I just got mine and both earphone and speakerphone quality are very poor. I also noticed that there was a crackling type of sound through both the earphone and speakerphone speakers. While the phone is ringing you will hear a crackling type of sound like as if a radio station is not coming in clearly. This does not happen with any of my other phones nor my Iphone.

I have the same issue, a crackling or metallic sound in the earpiece or "in-call" speaker. My wife has a nexus one and hers is crystal clear. I called HTC this morning and they are willing to replace it or repair it. If I replace it I will have a new one (albeit not engraved) in about 5 days, if I choose to have it repaired it will be 7-10 days. I have opted for the replacement

Quote Originally Posted by kelsin View Post
    I have the same issue, a crackling or metallic sound in the earpiece or "in-call" speaker. My wife has a nexus one and hers is crystal clear. I called HTC this morning and they are willing to replace it or repair it. If I replace it I will have a new one (albeit not engraved) in about 5 days, if I choose to have it repaired it will be 7-10 days. I have opted for the replacement
    Who did you contact? Ship it back to them or drop it off at a T-Mobile shop?

Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kelsin View Post
    Who did you contact? Ship it back to them or drop it off at a T-Mobile shop?
    HTC, they are going to pick it up tomorrow and then send me a replacement within a few days. The replacement won't be engraved but if I get a fully functional phone out of it then I'll get over it. I didn't realise it could be taken to a T-Mobile shop in the UK? I am using O2 as my carrier, would I still be able to take it to the competition?

I'm in Taiwan now and am wondering if HTC here will replace it for me.. I just got mine today.

HTC are arranging for UPS to pick up my defective handset tomorrow and they'll ship another one to me that they expect me to have by the end of the week. Have to say HTC reps have been extremely helpful

The external speakerphone really does suck on this phone. The more I listen to it the more I hate it. Even the older HTC devices has better speakerphones than this one

How difficult could it have been for them to throw in a Nokia type of speakerphone like the one on the N95 8GB ..

I have to agree that the speaker phone needs improvement.

I agree. The speaker on the N1 sucks. Could it be fixed with an update? Or will it always suck? This is a major issue for most people.
    -Phunds
    :nexusx: Nexus One owner since: January 11th, 2010
    :nexusx: Rooted! Android 2.2 FROYO CM6.1 RC

phundsblog.blogspot.com | twitter.com/phunds | facebook.com/phunds

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links