Nexus One getting hot?

This is a discussion on Nexus One getting hot? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; i have noticed the same problem with my N1 and its bad because i am worried it will cause internal damage, i had the stock ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One getting hot?

i have noticed the same problem with my N1 and its bad because i am worried it will cause internal damage, i had the stock N1 live wallpaper and now have GDK with win7 theme and wondering if its causing it to burn more.
    i have uploaded a picture of my N1 and you can see my phone has hit high temps and caused 2 burn marks either side of the base of the phone

i will be contacting htc because this is a bad fault with mine

Yfrog - comx.png
    (once on link click to enlarge so you can see the marks properly)

Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Maybe you got a bad battery? Mine stays cool as a cucumber.
    I actually use a cucumber as a phone. Stays cool as an N1.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sanchez View Post
    Maybe you got a bad battery? Mine stays cool as a cucumber.
    I actually use a cucumber as a phone. Stays cool as an N1.

did your cucumber come pre-rooted :rofl3:

I never had this problem until I got the car dock. I notice when I remove my phone from the car dock (Google one) that it is quite warm after even a short trip. I hesitate to replace my case until it cools down.

Its the processor and or the 3G chip. When I drop down to 2G the phone cools off. Using it while charging makes it very very hot. I measured mine at 117F. Ok, so it was rather unscientific using a thermometer meant for going under your tongue but it does get hot enough to feel like its burning my hand. I try not to touch it while charging. My Blackberry 9630 got so hot I swapped it 3 times with Verizon. After the third really hot device, I sent the FCC a letter. Got relatively quick call back from Rim & Verizon advising me not to plug it in and use it and that they would be sending me a free blackberry of my choice. Verizon must have had a few complaints even though the lady at the Executive Response team initially denied it until I started telling her that it was all over Crackberry Forums and other forums on the net.

Mine stays cool and only gets hot when it's on the charger.

I have this problem too and I think it has something to do with the processor because it happens when I play games on my N1 for extended periods of time. Gets REALLY REALLY hot

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan141 View Post
    i have noticed the same problem with my N1 and its bad because i am worried it will cause internal damage, i had the stock N1 live wallpaper and now have GDK with win7 theme and wondering if its causing it to burn more.
    i have uploaded a picture of my N1 and you can see my phone has hit high temps and caused 2 burn marks either side of the base of the phone

i will be contacting htc because this is a bad fault with mine

Yfrog - comx.png
    (once on link click to enlarge so you can see the marks properly)
    omg, burns :/ that's bad. did u contact HTC yet?

My nexus also get pretty warm while charging. As soon as it peaks though it begins to cool off.

Also if I am browsing the web or doing anything that requires the screen be on for an extended amount of time it begins to heat up pretty good. From what I'm seeing most Nexus owners are experiencing this though so it doesn't worry me too much. Though I would hate to have my nexus burn up after rooting it (knock on wood).

I did however order an extra battery with mine. I might have to give it a shot.

Using either the wall or usb charger that came with my N1, it never gets hot while charging. However, I got the Google car dock and even a short 20 minute trip using it with the car dock gets it pretty hot.

At first I thought it was the placement in the window, and was caused by the sun, but I moved it to my dash out of direct sun and it is still getting extremely warm. Not sure if that is a problem or not. Any other car dock owners notice this?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links