Touch screen issues

This is a discussion on Touch screen issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Wow this is crazy, I have the same EXACT problem. When I was in bed browsing the web trying to type in a web address, ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Touch screen issues

Wow this is crazy, I have the same EXACT problem. When I was in bed browsing the web trying to type in a web address, the keyboard went berserck and every time I got to the letter O, it would give me multiple P's. Also, When I hit delete, Search kept popping up and screen kept vibrating. When I returned home, i couldnt even swipe between home screens. The phone kept just vibrating everytime i tried and search kept popping up. I made sure my palm was NOT resting on the screen at all. Is this an accelerometor issue Google?!? Anyways, I restarted the phone and all is well (for now).

Also, the screen for me is unresponsive alot in the upper part, where the microphone button and search button are next to each other. This is VERY annoying to say the least. I also experience that the four buttons on the bottom activate a little above where they are supposed to. When hitting spacebar on the keyboard, I sometimes hit one of them on accident. Hopefully a firmware update will fix this issue?

I love this phone, but these bugs drive me absolutely nuts! Please Google, next time perform more quality control and quit pushing phones out that aren't ready yet!

Quote Originally Posted by superwario View Post
    Wow this is crazy, I have the same EXACT problem. When I was in bed browsing the web trying to type in a web address, the keyboard went berserck and every time I got to the letter O, it would give me multiple P's. Also, When I hit delete, Search kept popping up and screen kept vibrating. When I returned home, i couldnt even swipe between home screens. The phone kept just vibrating everytime i tried and search kept popping up. I made sure my palm was NOT resting on the screen at all. Is this an accelerometor issue Google?!? Anyways, I restarted the phone and all is well (for now).

Also, the screen for me is unresponsive alot in the upper part, where the microphone button and search button are next to each other. This is VERY annoying to say the least. I also experience that the four buttons on the bottom activate a little above where they are supposed to. When hitting spacebar on the keyboard, I sometimes hit one of them on accident. Hopefully a firmware update will fix this issue?

I love this phone, but these bugs drive me absolutely nuts! Please Google, next time perform more quality control and quit pushing phones out that aren't ready yet!
    Yup same issue here. Bottom soft keys are above the actual icon ... annoying as hell

**** hope it dosen't happens to me :S

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jbarrack View Post
    Yup same issue here. Bottom soft keys are above the actual icon ... annoying as hell
    I've since adjusted, but only to the extent that I need to leave 'haptic feedback' turned on (vibrate). I turned it off for fun, and suddenly it felt awkward to press those cap-touch buttons, and the reaction was delayed enough that I wasn't sure I actually hit them.
    I also find myself wanting to hit the space bar and going home. Thank God this phone runs apps in the background or I would be typing a lot stuff over and over ...

As I was laying in bed tonight on a call and messing around my phone started bugging out. Every time I touched the screen it would vibrate, I would swipe left the screen would move right, I would touch to select something and nothing would happen, the person on the phone with me said my connection was very staticy all of a sudden(I could hear it too and heard the infamous GSM buzz) so I returned to the call ended it and shut off the screen for a few minutes. Still had the problem. Let it sit a little more and then it was fine. I really think this thing has some accelerometer issues ... again all while lying in bed with it facing me. Never had this issue with my iPhone or Hero ...

I'm not worried about the accelometer issue since its fixable. But the touch sense buttons are above the icon? WTF thats a physical issue. Is this for all phones?

I don't mind the touch buttons being like that..... It is a bit weird that when touching the button directly, it won't work most of the time, but I feel like tapping above it feels more natural to me....

I have the same problem with the keys going crazy if i'm laying back or on my side and trying to text, i didn't realize it was the accelometer until it would work perfectly if i held it flat.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

The unresponsiveness drives me nuts too. Try using slide bars (like forwarding a song; or changing the volume of notification) is a challenge in frustration.

I have gotten used to pressing above the icon; but it is embarassing to explain to my friends when showing off my N1 ("no no, don't press the button, press just above it....no not too high ...like this....")

I have a hard time using the keyboard when my hands are really cold, feels like the screen doesn't pick them up.

I do have occasional touchscreen breakdowns, which are quickly solved by hitting the power button off / on

so far it only happens while playing Robo defense tho, hmm

I run into this problem often... browsing the market, typing this message. ..the bottom of the screen flakes out... unresponsive, jumpy, randomly clicking the buttons at the bottom.

I love this phone but this is tiring.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links