Touch screen issues

This is a discussion on Touch screen issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I do get the occasional unresponsive touchscreen. As stupid as this sounds I find the high sensitivity of the touchscreen to be just as bad. ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Touch screen issues

I do get the occasional unresponsive touchscreen. As stupid as this sounds I find the high sensitivity of the touchscreen to be just as bad. I find myself accidently brushing against the screen with the bottom of my thumb; often opening the search page. I feel that the N1 does not do as good of a job ignoring unintended touches as my iphone did. I'm sure the larger screen doesn't help seeing as how I don't have the world's largest hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshfu13 View Post
    I do get the occasional unresponsive touchscreen. As stupid as this sounds I find the high sensitivity of the touchscreen to be just as bad. I find myself accidently brushing against the screen with the bottom of my thumb; often opening the search page. I feel that the N1 does not do as good of a job ignoring unintended touches as my iphone did. I'm sure the larger screen doesn't help seeing as how I don't have the world's largest hands.
    My last phone did this and i hate when when you miss click on a smartphone

Quote Originally Posted by mas90guru View Post

Not sure how this made it through QA as it's an obvious flaw within 10 minutes of use.
    You must not be in software otherwise you would not have asked a question like this...

Often QA is pressured by the upper echelon especially when a sales deadline is fast approaching. There have been numerous times where i have had to release software from my department (btw i am a software tester) because of pressure from the upper echelon. You try to get all the big "gotch-ya's" and save the little things that dont affect overall performance of the software for service pack updates.

Waiting for the N1 on Verizon

When I am replying to a message and click on the form, (before the keyboard popups up and moves it) I struggle to select the text entry form, if i try pressing a few different places it works but is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by joker View Post
    I have a hard time using the keyboard when my hands are really cold, feels like the screen doesn't pick them up.

I do have occasional touchscreen breakdowns, which are quickly solved by hitting the power button off / on

so far it only happens while playing Robo defense tho, hmm
    Same thing here with the cold hands. It is annoying because I live in an area where it is cold pretty much year 'round. I always have to blow into my hands and rub them up before I use it. Can software fix this? I'm assuming not...

And the buggy keyboard is a helluva annoying problem. Waiting for a software update!

If none of these majors are fixed, what do you guys think of a class action suit? Maybe we need to start a thread about that...

Quote Originally Posted by superwario View Post
    And the buggy keyboard is a helluva annoying problem. Waiting for a software update!

If none of these majors are fixed, what do you guys think of a class action suit? Maybe we need to start a thread about that...
    *facepalm*

1. Touchscreen issue
    2. 3G issue
    3. Light sensor issue

What else ? Now I am starting to assume this is a beta phone myself. Seriously whats up with QA in HTC and Google ?

This is depressing!

Great I'm on a call and the screen won't work at all ... None of the buttons on the bottom of the screen work and I can't end the call or put it on speaker, ect. PS IM POSTING THIS FROM MY IPHONE BECAUSE I CANT FROM MY N1. Not happy.

How about this:

Received my N1 yesterday and happily playing with it throughout the day. Noticed bugs in the keyboard and sensitivity with the screen as problematic but not the end of the world. Then in the evening I put the phone onto charge and left for 20mins - came back and tried to unlock the screen and it didn't register my swipes or touches - completely unresponsive to touch apart from one very small section of the screen at the bottom. Didn't panic - restarted the phone, no luck, hard reset the phone, no luck, took battery out, sim out and left for 15mins, no luck. Gave up and thought I've received a faulty handset only for an hour later for the screen to respond as normal again! The phone is now responding fine to touch but I'm worried......not to mention the 3G but utterly awful.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links