Touch screen issues

This is a discussion on Touch screen issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by jbarrack Great I'm on a call and the screen won't work at all ... None of the buttons on the bottom of ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Touch screen issues

Quote Originally Posted by jbarrack View Post
    Great I'm on a call and the screen won't work at all ... None of the buttons on the bottom of the screen work and I can't end the call or put it on speaker, ect. PS IM POSTING THIS FROM MY IPHONE BECAUSE I CANT FROM MY N1. Not happy.
    This is a functionality thing. I was on the phone with tech support about the pink blog in photos and the guy said hit menu. Nothing worked. I said ok well here's another bug blah blah blah. He didn't know what to say.

Then I hit arrow and it was fine.

You have to hit back arrow to get off the phone screen onto your other "pages" / icons etc.

The phone is new it's not like other phones so there are functionality issues but they aren't bugs. It may also be in the users guide, it's very helpful but I havent looked everything up.

ETA: I noticed when I was hitting a bunch of buttons and menu quickly on that call my speaker button was slow to respond..it didnt do anything for a couple of tries. It think that's just us being too quick on the finger so to speak and the phone having alot of executions in queue or something that aren't coded (like going to menu then quickly hitting speaker over and over when it's stuck on the menu thing that's not available).

Quote Originally Posted by privatesam View Post
    How about this:

Received my N1 yesterday and happily playing with it throughout the day. Noticed bugs in the keyboard and sensitivity with the screen as problematic but not the end of the world. Then in the evening I put the phone onto charge and left for 20mins - came back and tried to unlock the screen and it didn't register my swipes or touches - completely unresponsive to touch apart from one very small section of the screen at the bottom. Didn't panic - restarted the phone, no luck, hard reset the phone, no luck, took battery out, sim out and left for 15mins, no luck. Gave up and thought I've received a faulty handset only for an hour later for the screen to respond as normal again! The phone is now responding fine to touch but I'm worried......not to mention the 3G but utterly awful.
    Well being new and $560.00 I worry about hidden issues that may resurface later too but for now I don't have that or any other type of deal breaker issue. Some random scares. Like my computer didn't recognize the phone when I plugged it in the usb and I couldn't get "safely remove hardware" and was scared to unplug. And the thing about not getting off the phone screen which ended up to be just the functionality coding. Not to say that wasn't a poor code choice to not enable menu on the phone screen...

I haven't been locked up at all but can understand the panic feeling. Maybe it was something random like you were running a big application or program at the same time and the phone didn't like that or something wierd...idk..

BTW did you fully charge it before using it? Mine came with the green light on for a short time but it still needed to be fully charged shortly after and I probably shouldn't have used it first but I did....the user guide says it MUST BE fully charged FIRST though. I read it afterwards. SO if you didn't (like me) maybe that's why you locked up. Maybe it ran out of power in the middle of a program. I haven't let mine run below 15% yet. NOTE I am nowhere near knowledgeable about smart phones LOL.

allyrian - thanks for your input - all interesting ideas but I took my Nexus to bits (well took the battery and sim out) and hard reset the phone and it still didn't fix the problem. Just not sure whether to return it or whether it was just a software glitch because its working ok now.

Quote Originally Posted by privatesam View Post
    allyrian - thanks for your input - all interesting ideas but I took my Nexus to bits (well took the battery and sim out) and hard reset the phone and it still didn't fix the problem. Just not sure whether to return it or whether it was just a software glitch because its working ok now.
    I also read if you remove from your pc without hitting "safely remove hardware" you can damage the card. Hopefully that's not part of your scenario and you were charging in the wall not the computer.

I guess we'll have alot of these collective scares for awhile

ETA I'd report it to tech support in case you need to have it on record later or maybe they can enlighten us on this.

http://www.htc.com/www/support/nexusone/

i wonder if it is simply multi touch issue. especially on bed. Often my thumb from holding hand touches the screen and when i try to touch screen with other hand and driving myself crazy over touch screen not responding...

So I hold the phone with my left hand, and use my thumb to navigate.

Often times when trying to scroll on a screen, the scoller will jump or not scroll down. Or a hardbutton will randomly trigger such as the back or menu button.... I think I found the reason! If you place your fingers/hand on the sides of the phone in line with the bottom 4 hard buttons, for some reason it picks that up as touching the screen.... I tested this after noticing it was how I was holding the phone... I put both thumb and pointer on each side of the phone edges near the bottom half and tried using my other hand to scroll in the browser. Sure enough instead of scrolling down, the screen jumped and skipped around on the page, tried to pinch zoom in ( I was using dolphin), and even popped open the menu.

Can other people test this? This really fustrates me.. because it does this touching only the SIDES of the phone. Not even the screen itself. And its not like I'm squeezing the phone, just holding in the most comfortable grip.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I believe this is a product of once again, rushed software. When i had my Droid, same exact problems existed as with 2.1 and the N1. I think its all software based. Especially the bug where if you angle the phone at 45 degrees, it doesnt register some of the screen touch inputs.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Quote Originally Posted by jbarrack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superwario View Post
    Wow this is crazy, I have the same EXACT problem. When I was in bed browsing the web trying to type in a web address, the keyboard went berserck and every time I got to the letter O, it would give me multiple P's. Also, When I hit delete, Search kept popping up and screen kept vibrating. When I returned home, i couldnt even swipe between home screens. The phone kept just vibrating everytime i tried and search kept popping up. I made sure my palm was NOT resting on the screen at all. Is this an accelerometor issue Google?!? Anyways, I restarted the phone and all is well (for now).

Also, the screen for me is unresponsive alot in the upper part, where the microphone button and search button are next to each other. This is VERY annoying to say the least. I also experience that the four buttons on the bottom activate a little above where they are supposed to. When hitting spacebar on the keyboard, I sometimes hit one of them on accident. Hopefully a firmware update will fix this issue?

I love this phone, but these bugs drive me absolutely nuts! Please Google, next time perform more quality control and quit pushing phones out that aren't ready yet!
    Yup same issue here. Bottom soft keys are above the actual icon ... annoying as hell

Same problem, but happening sometimes when in a "normal" orientation such as sitting at the desk. Definitely the screen loses ability to accurately tell where your finger is. HTC is going to replace my phone for this and some other issues. Good, because I love this phone!

Similar issues to previous replies - locked screen, screens appearing when nothing touched, screen timeout not functioning, touching a widget and something completely different happening (next screen, keyboard etc), contacts disappearing etc etc. All fixed until the next time by powering off and then on.
    I bougfht 2 unlocked phones so I am $1,100 out of pocket. Is Google doing anything to resolve these issues?
    I understand thre phone has been out there under test for about 4/5 months. I cannot believe that with so many screen problems from new users that this issue did not become apparent during that time.

The accelerometer is a BIG factor in the screen doing this..... I noticed that sometimes at funny angles, if the accelerometer senses a tilt, then the screen won't function right... Such as not scrolling properly, homescreens sticking/not switching, random button selections.

I find that turning off the auto rotate helps ALOT in fixing this problem, specifically when holding the phone at a funny angle. I got the AutoRotate widget and I mainly keep rotate off, unless I'm specifically looking to use landscape.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links