Touch screen issues

This is a discussion on Touch screen issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Thanks that seems to ease the problem considerably. Knowing the cause I can now just work around it and hope that there will be a ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Touch screen issues

Thanks that seems to ease the problem considerably.
    Knowing the cause I can now just work around it and hope that there will be a fix in a software update sometime soon.........

I've had a couple of issues with the touch screen doing its own thing when typing a few times now, ie when going for a letter t it would give me a space, a p would either delete or return tab.

Yesterday morning I turned all Haptic feedback off the whole phone and touch wood since then I haven't had no problems, could be worth trying for you if you have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    The accelerometer is a BIG factor in the screen doing this..... I noticed that sometimes at funny angles, if the accelerometer senses a tilt, then the screen won't function right... Such as not scrolling properly, homescreens sticking/not switching, random button selections.

I find that turning off the auto rotate helps ALOT in fixing this problem, specifically when holding the phone at a funny angle. I got the AutoRotate widget and I mainly keep rotate off, unless I'm specifically looking to use landscape.
    Agree, I do the same thing (turn off auto rotate) to avoid that issue. If that happen to me (forgot to turn off auto rotate) I simple turn the screen off (lock the phone) by the pushing the on/off switch and unlock my phone again. The issue gone.

i think the update fixed this... don't take my word for it though but for some reason.. the touch input is lower than usual.. almost aligned to the icons after gettting the update... are you guys experiencing the same thing after updating?

Sometimes the touch screen is unresponsive, but this seems to be only after opening after a time and my hands are cold. After a few swipes, it seems to pick up my index and then it works fine after that. It must be due to the temp. As far as the keyboard, I seem to have better luck in portrait mode versus landscape. You think it would be opposite. Overall, I find the screen to be more accurate to touch in portrait. The little trackball is handy for keying in small links without having to resize the screen.

heard of it but never seen

my touchscreen becomes much less responsive if I don't hold in hand the phone or don't touch the phone's shell..

I've taken a few videos to show:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXPpyGwuSzM]YouTube - Nexus One touchscreen malfunction when not in hand[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODfuSQY4faU]YouTube - Nexus One touchscreen malfunction when not in hand 3[/ame]

When I first got my N1 I had trouble scrolling through the app drawer until I realized it needed more of my finger to register the touch. I don't have long fingernails, but if I hold my fingertip to the screen, my fingernail seems to block the full touch. When I angle my finger so more of my finger pad is on the screen, it is extremely accurate. Men may not have these issues, because usually their fingernails are shorter and their fingers are thicker. I have smaller hands so needed to adjust my position to make up for that.

After watching the video I tried it out on my phone, but as long as I have the correct angle on my finger, it scrolls the same whether I am touching it on the side or not.

Yes, I've noticed as you said that if I touch the screen using more of my finger it will respond better but as you can see in the video the screen works flawlessly even if I ever so slightly stroke it while touching the shell but it doesn't do so if used alone on a table..

It is hideous not to be able to write a message or enter a text field quickly because the touchscreen doesn't respond well in that kind of situation.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links