Touch screen issues

This is a discussion on Touch screen issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by dixy2k Typing issues found on Gizmodo: Nexus One Keyboard Issues Caught on Video - Nexus one keyboard issues - Gizmodo This phone ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Touch screen issues

Quote Originally Posted by dixy2k View Post
    This phone has too many freakin issues and bugs. I just saw this one as well.

Nexus One having problems with multitouch? (Phone Arena News)

This phone is getting pretty frustrating these days.

Quote Originally Posted by windmill View Post
    Yes, I've noticed as you said that if I touch the screen using more of my finger it will respond better but as you can see in the video the screen works flawlessly even if I ever so slightly stroke it while touching the shell but it doesn't do so if used alone on a table..

It is hideous not to be able to write a message or enter a text field quickly because the touchscreen doesn't respond well in that kind of situation.
    Thanks for putting up the videos.

I have also found that the screen responds differently depending on the angle you hold it at. At times it does respond better when more of your finger is placed on the screen but not always. I think it is about time HTC/Google did a recall on this Nexus One.

Exclamation

crap am about to buy the phone in a few hours and now am getting worried...

Quote Originally Posted by jbarrack View Post
    Anyone have an issue when laying in bed and the phone is at about a 45 degree angle towards your face (while laying in bed). The keyboard and screen acts crazy. For example when i click the "o" key it automatically types in 2"p's" after it. When I use my finger to scroll towards the middle of the screen --- it highlights the option keys at the bottom (in Mail) right above the soft keys ...

You down with OPP (Yeah you know me)
    Who's down with OPP (Every last homie)

Hey guys my first post!!!
    message for Google= IT better be software issue! Don't f**k up Google ! I cant wait for this phone to come in Canada, but don't f**K up !!!! get your s**t sorted and fix it! And hurry up with releasing phone to rest of the world! I don't want to pay +500$ and be a beta tester!

I got the phone the first day it came out. I've had some LCD issues. Occasionally the screen would go crazy. When I press something it registers something else. Also, sometimes the home-screen shows just the background, with all the icons/widgets gone... locking and unlocking the screen fixes the issue.

The crazy screen issue happens frequent enough (I'd say 20% of the time) that I'm going to request an exchange. Really don't want to go through the hassle of setting up my phone again, but it seems like I have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_No_Means_No View Post
    I got the phone the first day it came out. I've had some LCD issues. Occasionally the screen would go crazy. When I press something it registers something else. Also, sometimes the home-screen shows just the background, with all the icons/widgets gone... locking and unlocking the screen fixes the issue.

The crazy screen issue happens frequent enough (I'd say 20% of the time) that I'm going to request an exchange. Really don't want to go through the hassle of setting up my phone again, but it seems like I have no choice.
    Keep us updated on this. I have the same issues occasionally. I find that locking and unlocking the screen will clear it up sometimes but I've had to reboot once or twice. The most common problem is a "touch" will register about 1" below where I actually pushed.

I just charged my phone, turned it on, browsing around and guess what? The touch screen problem came back after two weeks without it. I here thinking it was the wrapping problem and since having the case it was fixed. Well I guess not and I did not wrap the phone. It just happen! ..so smash that theory.

Why is Google so damn silent? you think 500+ is money to play with? :nexusx:

I think the finger is the key. With the touch type that the Nexus uses you have to have a warm slightly oily finger (at least from my testing). If you have a perfectly clean screen, and you just washed your hands, you can barely do anything with the screen, but as soon as my screen got some smudges, and the oil and heat from my finger built up, I had not one problem with it. I think it even says than in the manual. You can't use it in the cold, and you can't even use a stylus. Only your warm oily finger.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links