Touch screen issues

This is a discussion on Touch screen issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by Kobe_No_Means_No I got the phone the first day it came out. I've had some LCD issues. Occasionally the screen would go crazy. ...

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Touch screen issues

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe_No_Means_No View Post
    I got the phone the first day it came out. I've had some LCD issues. Occasionally the screen would go crazy. When I press something it registers something else. Also, sometimes the home-screen shows just the background, with all the icons/widgets gone... locking and unlocking the screen fixes the issue.

The crazy screen issue happens frequent enough (I'd say 20% of the time) that I'm going to request an exchange. Really don't want to go through the hassle of setting up my phone again, but it seems like I have no choice.
    I called Google/HTC on Friday and asked for a replacement phone. Today's Monday and I received it. GOOD NEWS! Everything works FINE!!!! None of the little problems I had before (Touchscreen acting crazy) and everything works perfectly.

Those of you having issues should just ask for a replacement. My original phone was ordered on the day of announcement, so perhaps some of the first batch of phones had issues. All I know is the phone I have now is perfectly fine... keyboard works perfectly and whichever letter I press is the letter that registers... I wish I had exchanged my phone earlier instead of waiting for a month hoping for a software fix.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    The accelerometer is a BIG factor in the screen doing this..... I noticed that sometimes at funny angles, if the accelerometer senses a tilt, then the screen won't function right... Such as not scrolling properly, homescreens sticking/not switching, random button selections.

I find that turning off the auto rotate helps ALOT in fixing this problem, specifically when holding the phone at a funny angle. I got the AutoRotate widget and I mainly keep rotate off, unless I'm specifically looking to use landscape.
    I noticed this problem too just today, and it's easy to recreate over and over. For example, tilting while browsing webpages sometimes causes the entire touch screen on my nexus one to just stop reading input except for maybe one area of the screen (even the bottom 4 buttons)

I noticed your post was quite awhile back, has your problem persisted even after their multi-touch updates? Has rooting it and installing Cyanogen made it any better or worse?

I called Google/HTC on Friday and asked for a replacement phone. Today's Monday and I received it. GOOD NEWS! Everything works FINE!!!! None of the little problems I had before (Touchscreen acting crazy) and everything works perfectly.

Those of you having issues should just ask for a replacement. My original phone was ordered on the day of announcement, so perhaps some of the first batch of phones had issues. All I know is the phone I have now is perfectly fine... keyboard works perfectly and whichever letter I press is the letter that registers... I wish I had exchanged my phone earlier instead of waiting for a month hoping for a software fix.
    Will you keep us an update for week see will the touchscreen offset issue comes back or not?
    Thank, if that fixed that issue, I will order a replacement asap. Thank!

I got the phone the first day it came out. I've had some LCD issues. Occasionally the screen would go crazy. When I press something it registers something else. Also, sometimes the home-screen shows just the background, with all the icons/widgets gone... locking and unlocking the screen fixes the issue.

The crazy screen issue happens frequent enough (I'd say 20% of the time) that I'm going to request an exchange. Really don't want to go through the hassle of setting up my phone again, but it seems like I have no choice.

I wonder if they sent you a new one or refurbished one.

I called Google Nexus One support 2 days ago. They said I need to reset my phone for the touch screen offset issue. I reset my Nexus One for 2 days ago and the offset touch screen issue haven't come up since the reset. After I reset my phone some of the user interface changed and different than before. I wonder the update didn't working 100% correct without reset your phone after the OTA update. After the master reset my phone it working better. Who still having the touch screen offset issue may be should do a master reset on your phone. This may help!

Well the master reset doesn't fix that issue. It came back last night.

At times the master reset can help but in many cases it is not the main reason we all have these problems..

Is this issue happening on the AT&T versions or just the T-Mobile ones?

Doesn't matter. The problem occurs on everyone.

Right now, does anyone have a clue whether this is a software or hardware issue?

If you download the "Advance Task Killer" app, everytime this issue occurs I kill a buncha apps and the screen would start responding again. So I'm thinking this is more of a software issue. Perhaps when you overload the phone with multiple applications, the screen capture daemon becomes slow...

Called HTC and get the replacement phone. The phone isn't new and it in the bad shape. I took some pictures before I send that back to them. They insisted me to send my original phone back to them but I refused.
    I am not happy.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links