Touch screen issues

This is a discussion on Touch screen issues within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Same here. Happens all the time with the Delete key giving me smileys. I also have issues when I hit the space key and the ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Touch screen issues

Same here. Happens all the time with the Delete key giving me smileys. I also have issues when I hit the space key and the home key is accidentally pressed.

I've noticed a big problem with mine when it comes to a "smudged" screen. As soon as it starts getting a little smudged my entire touch is off. I can barely hit anything properly or I hit something on the left and something on the right gets selected

It's annoying as hell!! I have to whip out the micro-fiber cloth and give it a wipedown, then everything is fine. My Hero didn't do this!

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    I've noticed a big problem with mine when it comes to a "smudged" screen. As soon as it starts getting a little smudged my entire touch is off. I can barely hit anything properly or I hit something on the left and something on the right gets selected

It's annoying as hell!! I have to whip out the micro-fiber cloth and give it a wipedown, then everything is fine. My Hero didn't do this!
    Mine is just the opposite. The cleaner it is the less accurate. Go figure.

I had the unresponsive touchscreen problem.

Having experienced firmware flashes and linux upgrades, I was immediately suspicious of the too-easy android 2.1 firmware upgrade. I uninstalled all apps, cleared out orphaned folders on the tf card, backed up my contacts, and did a hard (boot menu) reset. The touchscreen seems to be working fine again. Not sure how long.

There is a possible separate issue involving a browser/wifi bug that bogs down the system in a similar way. Some websites will trigger a bug that stops all traffic, and the nexus wifi must be cycled off then on. Do the people with unresponsive touchscreens have the touchscreen issue with wifi disabled?

I have the issue with the wifi disabled. Usually the worst time is in the mornings in a dark room after the device has been in the dark for a while. If you try using it in a dark room for a while is when you will experience these touch screen problems..

I have the one where the bottom of the screen is unresponsive when trying to enter text in portrait mode...text box won't appear unless you hit it many times or go landcape.

Quote Originally Posted by cdd543 View Post
    I have the one where the bottom of the screen is unresponsive when trying to enter text in portrait mode...text box won't appear unless you hit it many times or go landcape.
    You can just click the trackball and that will allow text entry. I see this issue sometimes if I use the stock keyboard, but since I switched to Swype, it never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cdd543 View Post
    You can just click the trackball and that will allow text entry. I see this issue sometimes if I use the stock keyboard, but since I switched to Swype, it never happens.
    Likewise!!

+1.. the touchscreen really pales in comparison to the Iphone/Itouch. Tried to select a text box on many occasions to enter and nothing happens. Really sucks big time.

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzzzz View Post
    I had the unresponsive touchscreen problem.
    Having experienced firmware flashes and linux upgrades, I was immediately suspicious of the too-easy android 2.1 firmware upgrade. I uninstalled all apps, cleared out orphaned folders on the tf card, backed up my contacts, and did a hard (boot menu) reset. The touchscreen seems to be working fine again. Not sure how long.
    I just did the hard reset and it seems to have cleared up my touchscreen issues. I'll let you know how it goes after I reinstall all my apps.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links