Anyone noticed the wifi reception

This is a discussion on Anyone noticed the wifi reception within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I have a new n1 and i also have the 3gs. I have noticed in my house the n1 has 1 wifi bar and sometimes ...

Thread: Anyone noticed the wifi reception

Anyone noticed the wifi reception

I have a new n1 and i also have the 3gs. I have noticed in my house the n1 has 1 wifi bar and sometimes it has none. Compared to my 3gs having 3 bars to full reception with wifi in a couple different rooms in the house.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The bars are just indicators.. you can't compare them across different phones. Mine is 5 bars throughout the house though.

It stopped downloading cause it lost wifi reception. I have one bar going in and out of wifi reception. The 3gs in the same spot has full and downloaded all the way.

Yeah I have had issues with android products and WiFi connections. Luckily my apartment is small and my router sits behind my couch. Still even when SITTING on my couch my wifi bars go from 3 to 2 to 3 to 2 back to 3.

I will say this is the only android phone I have had that connects to my parents Apple Airport. My G1 worked but showed signal strength as no bars --- then after updating to 1.5 never worked again the router but worked on others. The Hero just never worked on it. No matter who I called HTC or T-Mobile they couldnt figure it out. Searched online for months and changed the router to 10 different configurations and still never got it working. Ill be interested to see how N1 wifi pans out.

dandroid
    What brand of router are you using?
    Quote Originally Posted by whsnext View Post
    I have a new n1 and i also have the 3gs. I have noticed in my house the n1 has 1 wifi bar and sometimes it has none. Compared to my 3gs having 3 bars to full reception with wifi in a couple different rooms in the house.

Linksys router

Its set up right. Accually didn't have to touch the way it was setup when I was on the phone with HTC. I was just getting poor reception on wifi. Maybe I got a bad one. I'm on it for 20 to 30 mins.. and it heats the crap out of my hand. I'm sticking with my iPhone.

Thanks for trying to help. But I can't adjust the routers everywhere I go so my n1 Works better on those network's.

The iPhone and the N1 use the same Wifi Chip so you should be getting the same signal from both phones..
    MOTO DROID & :nexusx:NEXUS ONE

Wifi sensitive enough

I am picking up and able to use the same distant neighbor's open wifi that I've used for testing my laptop wifi. No problem with xmt or rcv. So the transciever seems fine on my N1

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links