Gmail not syncing

This is a discussion on Gmail not syncing within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Is anyone else not receiving emails sent to a gmail account immediately upon receipt? I did several test emails and it took 18 minutes for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gmail not syncing

Gmail not syncing

Is anyone else not receiving emails sent to a gmail account immediately upon receipt? I did several test emails and it took 18 minutes for my N1 to notify me that there is a new email. I can manually do the sync and it will appear though. I have my "inbox" label sync all under settings and I have background data sync and auto-sync enabled. What could be the problem here?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm having the exact same problem. I have narrowed it down to only being an issue on 3g. My phone is almost always 3g 4 bars. On wifi i get push gmail, and if I force the phone to 2g i get push gmail. On 3g I will not get email sync. I also have this problem with Gchat.

It seems as if the N1 can not maintain a data connection when in 3g, I wonder if its something to do with conserving battery.

Tmobile says its a software issue since it works on 2g, HTC said there is nothing they can do and are pretty sure its 3g coverage. HTC did agree to send me a replacement, I'll report if that changes anything. I think its just a software issue, but I'm not sure I am willing to keep the phone past 14 days to find out.

same issue here. i've tried different settings and get no consistent results. most times no push.

Also having the same problem here, cannot seem to find options on even checking every so often, not too excited right now....

I had that problem on a Droid that eventually went back to VZW for good. I think it may actually be a Google issue & not necessarily the phones.

Same problem-will not sync gmail & calendar

Have Nexus One & TMO. Just began today. No syncing.
    Has been syncing. All settings are on sync gmail. seashols@gmail.com

I have the same problem. Mine can take hours before syncing. I be mad as hell when I log into gmail on my browser and see emails sitting there that has not been sent to my device yet

picked this up from another forum. Seems to have worked for me so far

1) Go into the settings menu for the phone
    2) Choose applications
    3) Choose Manage Applications
    4) Under Manage Applications set the Filter to ALL. Not sure why this isn't the default but c'est la vie.
    5) Scroll down and choose GMail Storage
    6) Tap the botton for Clear Data
    7) Head on over into GMail and VOILA!

Quote Originally Posted by czarthp View Post
    picked this up from another forum. Seems to have worked for me so far

1) Go into the settings menu for the phone
    2) Choose applications
    3) Choose Manage Applications
    4) Under Manage Applications set the Filter to ALL. Not sure why this isn't the default but c'est la vie.
    5) Scroll down and choose GMail Storage
    6) Tap the botton for Clear Data
    7) Head on over into GMail and VOILA!

czarthp,

My problem is gmail going to All Mail and bypassing inbox. Need to power off/on to fix. Only lasts a day or two. What exactly does Clear Data do. If I tap that, does it erase all my gmails and then I resync to get them back?

Would this even be applicable to my problem?

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Did this help to do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links