Very Bizarre problem.

This is a discussion on Very Bizarre problem. within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Just spoke with a Google employee. This issue is being worked on. Try not to place the phone to your ear because when the phone ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very Bizarre problem.

Just spoke with a Google employee. This issue is being worked on. Try not to place the phone to your ear because when the phone locks up when you are on the call, the ear brings the top menu down.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Ah..that 'splains it! I'm always on BT or speakerphone. Maybe unfounded, but I'm a tad afraid of the radiation the unit puts out. :O
    Ever use a microwave?

Hrm, I'm dubious of that explanation. I uninstalled Advanced Task Killer last night and I haven't had the problem all day as opposed to experiencing it regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiran View Post
    Hrm, I'm dubious of that explanation. I uninstalled Advanced Task Killer last night and I haven't had the problem all day as opposed to experiencing it regularly.
    That's just what I've heard from someone I know who works there. Believe what you want. There will be an update soon.

I do NOT have advanced task killer installed and I have the same issue where i cant end a call because the notification window is semi down. None of the buttons work and its annoying. I just pull the battery :S

I don't think it's a bug I think it's how we're each using the phone. That's not to say it's "acceptable" but there's a difference between a bug and knowing the functionality imo. Nothing like this has happened to me and I use speaker on every call. I've also been cautious not to mess with the phone during a call since I have no usable experience so perhaps it would happen if I did more than talk on a speaker. All I've done is use the dial pad during a call.

Quote Originally Posted by Supraz01 View Post
    I do NOT have advanced task killer installed and I have the same issue where i cant end a call because the notification window is semi down. None of the buttons work and its annoying. I just pull the battery :S
    I discovered last night that if you're on the phone screen talking you can't get off unless you hit back arrow. Menu wont respond and neither did home. (I was on the phone with tech support about photos at the time)

It sounds to me like notifications is incompatible with the phone screen at some point and notifications is being kicked off unintentionally during people's calls OR it's halfway pulled down when they go on their call or something.

This hasn't happened to me like I posted so it's got to be something the user is "doing". Not saying it's not annoying...just saying maybe an easy way to avoid it before hand.

I dont know if tech support will know, the guy had no idea I couldnt hit menu on the phone screen and needed to hit back arrow to get off and then go to menu.

here's their number though:

HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair

No, this is a bug lol. When it happens it basically locks the phone. You cant end a call, use the dial pad, put it on hold, speaker, mute, and none of the launcher keys work (back,menu,home,search). i have to either wait for the phone app to kill its self which it normally does about 30 seconds after the other person on the line hangs up or pull the battery.

Someone should create a thread with known issues so google can fix these asap.

Status bar bocking screen input while on a call - Anyone else? - Android Help

Done. Please go post if you're having this problem as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links