Slight rattle in device

This is a discussion on Slight rattle in device within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by SaffronPlatypus I talked with a few people at HTC, and they said that the rattling is something being reported very commonly to ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slight rattle in device

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronPlatypus View Post
    I talked with a few people at HTC, and they said that the rattling is something being reported very commonly to them. Tech support didn't admit to it being an actual issue with the phone (and it doesn't honestly seem to affect it, just makes me nervous), so I agreed to do a phone swap instead. I guess this means I'll get a refurb device, but I don't mind as long as it's in perfect condition!

I told them I'd call them back when I got the new device to report as to whether the new one made the sound too. Surprising that they don't have a test unit on hand, but maybe it's a very big call center?

In any case, HTC help is really nice as long as you are polite, so there's little harm in asking what's up. Hope they don't get too swamped. Still really enjoying this phone.
    When will you be getting the replacement set? I feel like replacing mine but worried that i might end up with another rattling one. Anyone else is opting for a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray72 View Post

When will you be getting the replacement set? I feel like replacing mine but worried that i might end up with another rattling one. Anyone else is opting for a replacement?
    Takes about a week. You might want to wait; I'll report whether it fixes the issue, and what they say. HTC told me that if the rattle isn't covered under warranty, then they'll charge me $28 + S&H for inspection and services.

If the new phone has no rattle, and they fix the one I send in, then it's a pretty clear go-ahead. Otherwise, you might be wasting your time and $$$.

Mine also rattles i just think thats how it is. I dont mind, my g1 used to creak for gods sake, as long as there is no creaking i am very very happy.

mine rattles too...

and subscribed..

damn it platypus...i dont know if i hear it too now or if im just being paranoid...let us know how the new device feels!

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    damn it platypus...i dont know if i hear it too now or if im just being paranoid...let us know how the new device feels!
    Ah, mine has been rattling much more as of late; there's no way you could miss the sound, so if you're unsure, then it's definitely not what I'm hearing. It took about 5 days of gradually getting worse to reach this point though, so check and see if it's about the same later.

The good news is that it still doesn't seem to affect performance at all (haven't done any video recording recently though), so as long as it stays that way, I'm not too worried. Still looking forward to that replacement on Thursday as a comparison if nothing else.

VERDICT! NEW DEVICE ALSO RATTLES!

So, there you have it. It's just something in the build, and probably everyone has it, but some just aren't very sensitive to the sound. I still can't find anything wrong with the device despite the rattle, so I'm going to kick back and enjoy the phone for now. If a new batch gets released, maybe I'll take them up on the warranty swap again in half a year. Or maybe I'll be onto my next device :P

In the meantime, if they say my old one is a-okay, then that's proof that it's *supposed* to rattle. And I'm out $50. If they say they found the problem and fixed it, then I guess I need to swap again? Unlikely though. Not exactly a win-win situation, but I'm cool for now.

If anyone notices a rattle-related problem, please let us know! Until then, have a good time with the N1

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronPlatypus View Post
    VERDICT! NEW DEVICE ALSO RATTLES!

So, there you have it. It's just something in the build, and probably everyone has it, but some just aren't very sensitive to the sound. I still can't find anything wrong with the device despite the rattle, so I'm going to kick back and enjoy the phone for now. If a new batch gets released, maybe I'll take them up on the warranty swap again in half a year. Or maybe I'll be onto my next device :P

In the meantime, if they say my old one is a-okay, then that's proof that it's *supposed* to rattle. And I'm out $50. If they say they found the problem and fixed it, then I guess I need to swap again? Unlikely though. Not exactly a win-win situation, but I'm cool for now.

If anyone notices a rattle-related problem, please let us know! Until then, have a good time with the N1
    Thank you sir.

lol i had a feeling this was gonna happen

i now have a rattle,, is this ok?
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links