Slight rattle in device

This is a discussion on Slight rattle in device within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; so i called htc 1-888-216-4736 and they said that there should be NO rattle,,, they said it will take up to 2 weeks for them ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Slight rattle in device

so i called htc 1-888-216-4736 and they said that there should be NO rattle,,, they said it will take up to 2 weeks for them 2 fix and that they would email me a shipping label so i can send it to them for free.

they also said that we all get a 1 year warranty.

the tech also said that this is the first he has heard of this "rattle"
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Quote Originally Posted by jdeproductions View Post
    so i called htc 1-888-216-4736 and they said that there should be NO rattle,,, they said it will take up to 2 weeks for them 2 fix and that they would email me a shipping label so i can send it to them for free.

they also said that we all get a 1 year warranty.

the tech also said that this is the first he has heard of this "rattle"
    It's not the first he's heard of it, but that's what they're supposed to say. I talked with them for a while; it's a common thing they hear about, but since it doesn't cause any operational trouble (at least the rattle I'm talking about), they don't really consider it a big issue, and neither did I.

You can send in the phone for repair, or put a $528 deposit down and have them send you a new phone overnight. I tried the deposit version and got another one that rattled, so now I have to send one back, and see what they say. Really great service, and the phone works great, so no complaints from me.

Everyone in the US gets a 1 year warranty. 2 years in the EU I believe.

Unless it BECOMES a problem, it isn't really worth it to go through the process of sending in your phone/getting a new one. Unless you have extra money/time to blow on shipping it back and forth.

From what it seems, ALL devices rattle....
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

its funny that people on google forums are complaining about phones that have messed up screens and other serious problems when HTC is so understandable and quick to send you a new phone for anything as minor as this
    :nexusx: Nexus One Beta Tester

Quote Originally Posted by d1mitrov View Post
    its funny that people on google forums are complaining about phones that have messed up screens and other serious problems when HTC is so understandable and quick to send you a new phone for anything as minor as this

Being friendly and polite when calling makes a big difference

I used to work in tech support, so I can sympathize with what those guys must be going through. If you ask nicely for a replacement, they're usually happy to help out. Also, I straight up love the phone, even if it has some little issues here and there, so I explained that I don't even mind if it takes a while for the replacement to come, I just wanted to put an issue on file. It was their courtesy to send it overnight, which I was truly impressed with.

Also, there's a non-trivial issue of finances I suppose. You need to have $600 free to negotiate for the swap (new phone + potential repairs on old one). For people who don't have that readily on hand, they are put in a much tougher position of sending their phone in for 2 weeks, potentially without replacement. I could see that being an issue, but it's not HTC's fault, since it's the best way to prevent massive theft.

They are replacing with refurbished; not totally new, but any previously defective part should be pretty new... still, I noticed a bit of some type of chemical inside the back cover on the replacement, so I'm pretty sure it had recently undergone repairs. Really does look perfect though, and HTC's gotta do something with all those returns. All stores do this kind of thing though really. "New" is just a matter of how good they clean it up before re-packing.

hello everybody.... just got a nexus a week ago... ( ex g1 user - boy that baby used to make all kinds of noises )... seriously if it wasn't for this post i wouldn't even notice the slight rattle... yep mine rattles too... ... just thought to report that.... my guess is that they all rattle...and it is what it is.... lol... until it becomes a problem i don't think i'm going to do anything about it...

it is just like the rattle of a snake it warns you to back off.... :rofl3:

Yup got the rattle here too. Think its supposed to do that though. My guess is the camera focus. Wondering if that's where the tin sound comes from when I have the phone on speaker. Good phone though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links