Slight rattle in device

This is a discussion on Slight rattle in device within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello everyone, first post here. Just got the Nexus One 2 days ago, and really like it. One thing I noticed as I set it ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slight rattle in device

Slight rattle in device

Hello everyone, first post here.

Just got the Nexus One 2 days ago, and really like it. One thing I noticed as I set it down the other day was a slight rattle.

It's not always audible, but try holding your device by the base (near the trackball) screen-up, and tap gently around the camera area.

I took the battery cover off, and the rattle was still there. I also tried holding down the camera (use clean fingers), the SDMicro card, and the SIM card. None of these were the culprit.

It doesn't seem to affect the device in any way, and it is a very slight thing, but it still definitely seems a bit unusual. Could anyone else give their device a tap and see if they here anything?

If I shake the phone, I can hear a very very slight movement, but nothing much.

Thanks, and nice to meet you all!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I heard that too!

At first I though it was the camera focus, because it makes audible noise when zooming. But it rattles when you move the phone, so i THINK its the accelerator!

Its only rattles slightly, but its kinda annoying.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I heard that too!

At first I though it was the camera focus, because it makes audible noise when zooming. But it rattles when you move the phone, so i THINK its the accelerator!

Its only rattles slightly, but its kinda annoying.

Yeah, I think you're probably right. I don't mind if it's the accelerometer as long as it's supposed to make that noise!

Thanks much. Anyone else know what we're talking about?

Sorry to bump my own thread, but can anyone else try lightly tapping the back of the phone and seeing if they hear something? (-lay it in hand screen-up, and tap near camera on the back).

No one else around me owns one to check! (I even asked at T mobile!)

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronPlatypus View Post
    Sorry to bump my own thread, but can anyone else try lightly tapping the back of the phone and seeing if they hear something? (-lay it in hand screen-up, and tap near camera on the back).

No one else around me owns one to check! (I even asked at T mobile!)
    Yes, I did it and it makes a little noise when I tap the near camera on the back.

Oh god more physical issues? This is turning into a nightmare..

Let's not let this turn into "Panic in the Streets", okay guys? As with all electronic devices, there are sometimes units that might get through QC with minor problems. I'm not saying that this is the case here, but it does happen on occasion.

So long as these (relatively) few units get handled properly by the manufacturer, there's really no issue! So far, it seems that HTC has been more than responsive to these issues, based on the reports here so far.

So, relax, guys. If there's a problem, see what HTC and Google will do about it before you come unglued in here.

Rattles slightly on mine. Seems like it's part of the design.

I never would have known if I didnt read your post...and Im not concerend.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    Let's not let this turn into "Panic in the Streets", okay guys? As with all electronic devices, there are sometimes units that might get through QC with minor problems. I'm not saying that this is the case here, but it does happen on occasion.

So long as these (relatively) few units get handled properly by the manufacturer, there's really no issue! So far, it seems that HTC has been more than responsive to these issues, based on the reports here so far.

So, relax, guys. If there's a problem, see what HTC and Google will do about it before you come unglued in here.
    The question is though whether it's a problem at all. Maybe it's part of the design? I'm trying to find out before deciding whether to contact Google about it. If everyone experiences the same, then it's obviously a non-issue.

Otherwise, I'd like to know. I'm not panicking here though, just asking people to do a quick tap and share what they hear.

Thanks everyone else who tried. Sounds pretty common so far.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links