phone turning silent when in sleeve

This is a discussion on phone turning silent when in sleeve within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I drove to work today with my phone on my dash in its sleeve. about 40 minutes in I check my phone and I see ...

Thread: phone turning silent when in sleeve

phone turning silent when in sleeve

I drove to work today with my phone on my dash in its sleeve. about 40 minutes in I check my phone and I see that I missed 4 calls and had two texts. my phone didn't make a sound. any way to fix this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Does the Sleeve have magnets in it?

Since I don't have a Nexus One here, Does it Have a Dock mode that is triggered by magnets like the Droid?

It has a proximity and light sensor
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Does the Sleeve have magnets in it?
    Since I don't have a Nexus One here, Does it Have a Dock mode that is triggered by magnets like the Droid?
    Not as far as I can tell. My sleeve is completely soft. Also, my phone does not go silent while it's in the sleeve, but the notification tone is definitely muted and I have missed a few of them while the N1 was in my shirt pocket. It appears that the tone comes out of the bottom and sliding the phone into the sleeve top first my help as the bottom is still exposed.

Sounds as the speaker is being covered up. The speaker looks like it's at the top of the phone above the Volume rocker...

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Sounds as the speaker is being covered up. The speaker looks like it's at the top of the phone above the Volume rocker...
    Agreed. I keep my phone laying on my desk, but on top of the included softcase and I've missed a bunch of calls/texts/emails because it muffles it so much - even just laying on it.
    Rooted Nexus One

I had my phone in the case in my hand and I received a call. it only vibrated. and i have all my volumes set to max.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links