Picasa Sync

This is a discussion on Picasa Sync within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by MrQuietGuy I don't know where the photos are stored, but I do have my suspicions. I would guess that main memory is ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picasa Sync

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuietGuy View Post
    I don't know where the photos are stored, but I do have my suspicions. I would guess that main memory is used as a cache, and the photos stay there until the memory is needed for something else. The device seems to have a good memory management algorithm, and the cache is probably treated the same as other memory uses where priority, least recently used, and probably other factors determine what to keep and what to discard.

Tom M.
    I think the cache is on your SD Card and isn't on your phone memory (I could be wrong). I know they create an .thumbnails folder on your SD card to store the pictures cache. .thumbnails is under dcim folder.

yes flow you're right, they're all cached on the sdcard but inside another folder: sdcard/Android/data/com.cooliris.media/cache. all those hires-image-cache-xxxxxxxxxxxx files are photos downloaded from online albums, can be viewed with "ASTRO" (long-press on files and choose Open As / Image)

by the way i reset my phone for some freshup and after reboot and log-in there came the android 2.1-update1! got it installed and found n1 finally supports multi-touch for gallery and browser, yay!

Getburnt - Thanks for the info. No wonder I couldn't find them on my SD card. Now I can feel better about syncing Picasa, and I've just done that. I also installed Astro, thanks to your post.

Tom M.

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuietGuy View Post
    Getburnt - Thanks for the info. No wonder I couldn't find them on my SD card. Now I can feel better about syncing Picasa, and I've just done that. I also installed Astro, thanks to your post.

Tom M.
    no problem, i was just being suspicious too so just searched around on the sdcard

@polbit dunno if you have found a way for syncing picasa yet after a month, but maybe you can try uploading a pic to picasa from the gallery first and probably it would start syncing.

I have the same problem. I cant sync my picasa with my phone. When i go to settings-->Accounts & sync-->xxxx@gmail.com--> i only see sync contacts calandar or gmail....no picasa. i tried uplaoding a pic from my gallery but still nothing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links