Picasa Sync

This is a discussion on Picasa Sync within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I've read that Picasa albums can by synced to the phone via your gmail account. Well, when I set up my phone, I did not ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picasa Sync

Picasa Sync

I've read that Picasa albums can by synced to the phone via your gmail account. Well, when I set up my phone, I did not have Picasa albums enabled. I just enabled it now, but I do not have an option under Accounts & Sync for Picasa - only calendar, contacts and gmail. Is there anyway to refresh/add Picasa as a sync option without having to restore the phone to factory settings?

Thanks for any help,

Polbit

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

my Picasa is under the Accounts and Sync along with the Gmail, Contacts and Calendar. no need to setup. I think is your Gmail account setting not your phone. it get the account info of your Gmail account.. (I think)

Mine sync'd itself up without me asking it to so I don't know the technical answer. I really didn't want my entire Picassa on my phone ha ha.

IT MIGHT BE that Picassa showed up when I plugged into my computer to upload photos there and into Picassa. Initially I wasn't seeing the Picassa on the phone either. But it appeared.

But I really didn't investigate it further and figured I just shoulda read about it first which I still havent lol

It just syncs, just make sure your google account is the same google account as that is attached to your Picasa.

I have the opposite problem. I really don't want to sync my Picasa albums, but I don't know how to prevent it without affecting my gmail as well.

When I discovered my Picasa albums in my gallery, I went through them (After all, I am a kid with a new toy!) and the photos seemed to download to my device as I viewed them. Then, later, with wifi and data turned off, I went back and viewed them again and they were still there as sharp photos. I also noticed that my available memory was down from previous levels.

I connected to my computer and looked at my SD storage and could not find any of the photos there. I assume the photos are stored in my device's memory. Will they stay there indefinitely, or will they disappear when memory gets tight? What happens if I decide to load a bunch more photos to Picasa web, more than I have room for in memory? Is there a way to have my picasa albums reside on SD rather than memory?

This reminds me of another question. Is there any way to look at my device's memory (not SD) from my computer, or from the device itself?

Tom M.

Quote Originally Posted by MrQuietGuy View Post
    I have the opposite problem. I really don't want to sync my Picasa albums, but I don't know how to prevent it without affecting my gmail as well.

When I discovered my Picasa albums in my gallery, I went through them (After all, I am a kid with a new toy!) and the photos seemed to download to my device as I viewed them. Then, later, with wifi and data turned off, I went back and viewed them again and they were still there as sharp photos. I also noticed that my available memory was down from previous levels.

Tom M.
    go to setting-> accounts & Sync -> xxx@gmail.com -> un-check the sync Picasa web albums.

After that your Picasa will not sync with your phone and you won't see your Picasa albums on the gallery.

Duh!
    Thanks flow.

I would like to know where the picasa photos are stored in Nexus One also.
    I try to sync the picasa first, then turn off all data connection, and zoom in one of the picture and realize that the picture is of original size, not thumbnail.

If this is the case, I really don't want it to store the photos in device memory. it can easily be over few hundred MB.

Can anyone enlighten me where is the storage location, or how to tweak it? Thanks heaps!

Picasa is an on-line photo storage site. When you sync Picasa, your photos are uploaded to their servers for retrieval.

Oh, and

I don't know where the photos are stored, but I do have my suspicions. I would guess that main memory is used as a cache, and the photos stay there until the memory is needed for something else. The device seems to have a good memory management algorithm, and the cache is probably treated the same as other memory uses where priority, least recently used, and probably other factors determine what to keep and what to discard.

Tom M.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links