Displaying Calendar from Secondary GMail Account

This is a discussion on Displaying Calendar from Secondary GMail Account within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My biggest gripe so far has been that you can only sync the calendar from your default GMail account on your N1. I didn't want ...

Thread: Displaying Calendar from Secondary GMail Account

Lightbulb Displaying Calendar from Secondary GMail Account

My biggest gripe so far has been that you can only sync the calendar from your default GMail account on your N1.

I didn't want to change my default account to my Google Apps (my work account, which btw is a 'company.com' not 'gmail.com' which makes it more tricky) because it's not linked to Google Checkout, and my GMail.com is still my main email address, and has the majority of my phone numbers etc...There is a work around for this but the solution wasn't for me.

I just found out you can share calendars between specific email accounts, so in my Google Apps account, under Calendar and settings, I shared out my Calendar to my GMail.com address. The only problem being for some reason it would only let me have read access, there was no option in the drop down to select 'Make Changes & Manage Sharing'.

Frustrating...

Turns out there's an option in the 'Domain Control Panel' (you need to be an Admin to access this). In here under Service Settings>Calendar there's a Sharing option to 'Share All Information'!!

Problem solved, I know have my secondary-email-account Google Apps Calendar displaying perfectly on my N1 native calendar...simples!!!

HTH

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Great Find....

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links