Auto brightness glitch

This is a discussion on Auto brightness glitch within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Not yet. It doesn't happen often enough to be too disruptive. If it starts happening every minute or two, I'll look into it further....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto brightness glitch

Not yet. It doesn't happen often enough to be too disruptive. If it starts happening every minute or two, I'll look into it further.

Yeah my Droid has that as well. But most of the time I keep it on lowest bright settings to save battery life.

jah
    Where is the sensor?

+1 Also have this glitch on N1. In the same light conditions the screen changes brightness many times when phone is untouched.

am having this problem too! and i posted a reply following someone reporting this problem. it is annoying, you know, even if i don't do anything, just put it there on the desk, it changes the brightness constantly... a hard reset doesnt help though..

Quote Originally Posted by wmm View Post
    Yes, I thought about that, but it happens when my fingers are nowhere near the ambient light sensor. Also, what happens is that the screen gets suddenly brighter, much brighter than appropriate for the ambient lighting, then dims back down; if I were covering the sensor with my finger, that would simulate a dark room and the screen would get dimmer, not brighter. (At least I don't think my fingers are bioluminescent! )
    That is right, if you in darker room the screen is suppose get dimmer so it will not blind you , if you are under the sun in the brighter environment, the screen get brighter for you read better. That is normal!

The screen changing dimmer or brighter is very normal because that is more than one light source in the room like, TV, Monitor and more. Even only one light source in the room by re-position your Nexus one in different angle can create different level of light pick up by the sensor. It change the bright level depend the light level the sensor read.

Yes, but as I've mentioned earlier in this thread, the problem I'm seeing is that the brightness fluctuates without any change of position: I can hold the phone perfectly still without moving my hands at all and the brightness will go up and down. That doesn't happen all the time, just once in a while, but it definitely happens.

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by wmm View Post
    Yes, but as I've mentioned earlier in this thread, the problem I'm seeing is that the brightness fluctuates without any change of position: I can hold the phone perfectly still without moving my hands at all and the brightness will go up and down. That doesn't happen all the time, just once in a while, but it definitely happens.
    And I have seen this, too. In fact, I turned off the sensor because it was too annoying to deal with.

It's happened so rarely I cant really remember. So it doesn't annoy me. My laptop does the same thing on occasion. I dont mind if the device needs to adjust itself lol.

Is it something more simple, like you're using alot of resource hogs at once? So if you are watching say, video then jump to email? Or maybe I'm not understanding the issue. Maybe I'm goofy but if you have something going on on the screen and it jumps brighter then wouldn't the phone perhaps have to shift it's "sensor". But I guess if it's frequent it makes sense to try and get it figured out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links