Auto brightness glitch

This is a discussion on Auto brightness glitch within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; My screen does the same, the brightness cycles. The cause is because I work in a 50 year old building that still utilizes the old ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto brightness glitch

My screen does the same, the brightness cycles. The cause is because I work in a 50 year old building that still utilizes the old fluorescent lighting system. The problem with fluorescent lighting is it cycles. Any equipment using a photo sensor acts strangely, auto-focus lens, light sensors, etc. The incandescent lighting in my house doesn’t cause this effect; I guess incandescent light saturates the room more evenly.

Quote Originally Posted by dg36 View Post
    My screen does the same, the brightness cycles. The cause is because I work in a 50 year old building that still utilizes the old fluorescent lighting system. The problem with fluorescent lighting is it cycles. Any equipment using a photo sensor acts strangely, auto-focus lens, light sensors, etc. The incandescent lighting in my house doesn’t cause this effect; I guess incandescent light saturates the room more evenly.
    Ah ...lets see if the people w the problem use fluorescent bulbs. OR maybe it's their televisions? Not saying it's not annoying ...js..

jah
    Y'all don't seem to be reading the complaints. It's not that it cycles on occasion ... it's that you'll be sitting there and it will rapidly cycle back and forth between different levels of brightness, relating to nothing in the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Y'all don't seem to be reading the complaints. It's not that it cycles on occasion ... it's that you'll be sitting there and it will rapidly cycle back and forth between different levels of brightness, relating to nothing in the environment.
    I'm reading them.you're saying environment as in room. Environment can mean your room AND your other "applications".

I also know that people say things without revealing the total picture (no pun intended). I worked for the phone company and owned a retail store forever so trouble shooting is NORMALLY you dont have all the facts from the customer.

So anyway, my phone doesnt do that. At all. Ever. It means it's environmental I'd say, from testing software for a long time. Could be "unacceptable" but still environmental. Your room maybe, your applications, and what you're doing. If you're saying the phone is just sitting on table doing nothing and freaking out that's one thing and totally messed up imo. But we're not there so nobody knows what's going on. right? To figure out if it's a bug or "just" a limitation based on what you're doing, they need to know all the facts and variables.

Is your tv on and is it close to your phone for example?
    What are your settings?
    Do you have background stuff going at full power like every resource hogging thing on the phone?
    Is the phone charged and is it only at certain power levels?
    What programs are you running?
    Is it plugged into your computer and is the computer running anything?

You need to call tech support they're nice. Each person's phone is set differently essentially. imo.

Some poster here wants to watch tv. I would never do that on a routine basis. That's when you see power surging IME. I've watched video on phones alot and it can be normal depending on what you're doing such as watching ustream tv.

HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair

OK WAIT. I am far from any expert in smart phones but JAH, how is your phone sitting there doing nothing and freaking out randomly? Don't you have a screen time out set? I didn't know you could choose none I don't see it on my menu options. See they're the questions tech support will have. If you are doing something or have something running when it happens they need to know to trouble shoot it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Yes, thats exactly whats happening. and its has nothing to do with fluorescent light, I first noticed this problem in dark area with incandescent light while I was browsing the web. The phone just started "blinking", going from bright setting to dark many times in about 5 seconds intervals.

Screen Issue

Wrong thread. Sorry. What a terrible first post. LOL.
    ________
    ****ing tubes

call HTC and report the issue. I called them up and they said they are only aware of 3G issue with Nexus. While there, also report the touchscreen issue.......

HTC - Nexus One Support and Repair

I turned off my auto-brightness. It was driving me nuts flickering back and forth with the screen brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    I turned off my auto-brightness. It was driving me nuts flickering back and forth with the screen brightness.
    Turned mine OFF as well. Due to malfunction it does more bad then good.

Please report this issue to HTC. Thanks to many posts/email/phone calls 3G and touchscreen issues have been acknowledged.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links