Auto brightness glitch

This is a discussion on Auto brightness glitch within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; It doesn't happen continuously, but it does occur frequently enough for me to notice: without provocation or warning, my display will get much brighter, then ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto brightness glitch

Auto brightness glitch

It doesn't happen continuously, but it does occur frequently enough for me to notice: without provocation or warning, my display will get much brighter, then about five seconds later (which I think is the sampling interval for the ambient light sensor) it goes back to being dim again. Has anyone else seen this? I'm thinking I may have a minor hardware defect in the ambient light sensor. It does respond appropriately when I've tested it by shining a bright light on it or covering the sensor with my finger.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just to let you know that My droid does the same...And the tech at VZW says it's normal....I have learned to ignore it for the most part.

jah
    I've been trying to ignore it, too. I find it interesting that it's a "normal" feature.

Yes, I agree -- "known problem," perhaps, and maybe even "not important enough to address," but not "normal behavior."

I don't consider that a defect or glitch. When I will be walking through my house, the light will do that. I think its just doing what its supposed to. If the battery is the issue, I would turn it down to low.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    I don't consider that a defect or glitch. When I will be walking through my house, the light will do that.
    My problem is that it happens without any change of light -- when I am sitting in one place holding the phone still, just reading a web page or whatever. That's what I consider a defect.

it's possible you're blocking the sensor with one of your other fingers

which triggers the sensor

... I'm minimalist and turned off auto brightness

I simply use the "3" settings from the home page - off / medium / high

Yes, I thought about that, but it happens when my fingers are nowhere near the ambient light sensor. Also, what happens is that the screen gets suddenly brighter, much brighter than appropriate for the ambient lighting, then dims back down; if I were covering the sensor with my finger, that would simulate a dark room and the screen would get dimmer, not brighter. (At least I don't think my fingers are bioluminescent! )

Well this happens on my BB 9700 if i put my hand around the sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by wmm View Post
    Yes, I thought about that, but it happens when my fingers are nowhere near the ambient light sensor. Also, what happens is that the screen gets suddenly brighter, much brighter than appropriate for the ambient lighting, then dims back down; if I were covering the sensor with my finger, that would simulate a dark room and the screen would get dimmer, not brighter. (At least I don't think my fingers are bioluminescent! )

Have you called HTC support about this yet?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links