Locked out!!!!

This is a discussion on Locked out!!!! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; i'm such an idiot, i forgot my login pattern and after a few attempts i am now locked out of the phone. which wouldn't be ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Locked out!!!!

Junior Member tylerrandalljames's Avatar

Exclamation Locked out!!!!

i'm such an idiot, i forgot my login pattern and after a few attempts i am now locked out of the phone. which wouldn't be a problem except my username and password are not working as a secondary to log me into the phone... NOW WHAT! is there a hard reset i can do? Google hasn't responded to my emails yet YOU ARE MY ONLY HOPE

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Uhm, it takes a while to get respons from google atm.. Guess try on the forum or talk with t-mobile if you ordered it from them..

Maybe it has the security flaw like the Droid? Try calling the phone from another phone, and then while your on the call try to navigate through the phone

Might give this a try...

1) create a new gmail account on the computer.
    2) call your cell phone with a different phone.
    3) answer your cell phone then hit the back button and it will take you to the home
    screen.
    4) turn on wifi so it can do data and voice at the same time (remember that the phone
    is still connected)
    5) go to Settings -> Location & Security and disable lock pattern (you'll need to
    enter to correct pattern previously set)
    6) go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and click "Add Account" and add your newly
    created Gmail account.
    7) hang up the phone.
    8) turn the phone back on, at the lockout screen, enter your new Gmail account info
    and it should let you back in
    9) once the phone is unlocked, you can go in setting and remove the newly added Gmail
    account and keep the old one.

i'll give that a shot THANKS

No such luck, when i hit "back" or "home" or anything else it takes me to the security login screen. any other ideas?

had to do a hard reset with HTC's phone tech, with the power off i hold vol down button and press power, in the menu i hit "clear storage" and started from scratch. its the price i pay for being an idiot. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS! you guys are the best

Sorry you had such trouble, but I'm glad you're back in. I've always wondered what would happen if one forgot their pattern. I changed mine a couple of times and almost forgot which one I was using. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerrandalljames View Post
    had to do a hard reset with HTC's phone tech, with the power off i hold vol down button and press power, in the menu i hit "clear storage" and started from scratch. its the price i pay for being an idiot. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS! you guys are the best
    Glad it worked out, but thats not very comforting if the phone happens to get stolen. a bit easy to get into a locked phone

Was just gunna say call htc but it looks like you got it handled

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links