Contacts won't show on phone!

This is a discussion on Contacts won't show on phone! within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; So, I manually added all contacts in my phone. At some point, they synced to Google, and i noticed that when texting, multiples of the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contacts won't show on phone!

Contacts won't show on phone!

So, I manually added all contacts in my phone.

At some point, they synced to Google, and i noticed that when texting, multiples of the numbers would show up.

I checked my contacts, and inside each contact, there would be DOUBLE contacts. I went online to Google Gmail, checked my contacts, and there indeed was TWO of each contact.

So i went through my contact list, deleted each one manually. Then I went to call one of my friends, and I noticed her name wasn't on my contacts, but it WAS on my Favorited Starred list. Confused, i deleted the contact, and re-added the contact, and it STILL WOULDN'T show on my contacts.

I searched the name in the contacts and the name showed up in the search, but wouldn't show up on the main contacts list! I went onto Google contacts, and the number indeed was online but I had to click MOVE TO MY CONTACTS for them to show up on my phone?

My main question is, how can you add contacts directly onto the phone? I'm almost positive it worked just perfectly before..... I know it can't be that difficult to add a contact!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Yes, someone please answer this thread!

Contacts>>Menu>>Display Options....

Check you settings

You're lucky! I manually transferred my contacts from my sim and everything OK for a few days. 4 days later, all gone and I had to do the transfer again!

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    Contacts>>Menu>>Display Options....

Check you settings
    I believe your only choices are all Gmail contacts or only those with phone numbers listed. From day one, I chose "only contacts with phones" and have never had a problem.

I hope you guys resolve your issues soon as the N1 is a great phone.

Quote Originally Posted by pleeming View Post
    You're lucky! I manually transferred my contacts from my sim and everything OK for a few days. 4 days later, all gone and I had to do the transfer again!
    Your contacts in Gmail are supposed to sync with your phone. Make sure you leave those in Gmail intact. Mine have never gone anywhere.

Also make sure you are sync'ing to Google.....

Question crazy contact list

I'm having similar issues but I didn't notice until I started manually adding contacts. I would search for that contact in my contact list and it wouldn't be there, then I check my call log and the name and number are recognized. So I don't get why they wouldn't show up on my list, and playing with the settings doesn't seem to make a difference. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by bfrankois View Post
    I'm having similar issues but I didn't notice until I started manually adding contacts. I would search for that contact in my contact list and it wouldn't be there, then I check my call log and the name and number are recognized. So I don't get why they wouldn't show up on my list, and playing with the settings doesn't seem to make a difference. What gives?
    As mentioned above, it has to do with the filtering you have set on the phone. If you make sure all the boxes are checked under the display options and your gmail account, that should make them show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrankois View Post
    As mentioned above, it has to do with the filtering you have set on the phone. If you make sure all the boxes are checked under the display options and your gmail account, that should make them show up.
    I did mention that I have played with all the settings that I can see, all the boxes are checked and I still have these issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ads