HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One

This is a discussion on HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hope this isn't too far off topic. just curious why the droid cannot playback 720p video. I have a huge library of dvd and hd ...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One

Hope this isn't too far off topic. just curious why the droid cannot playback 720p video. I have a huge library of dvd and hd quality m4v and mp4 files that i would prefer not to have to downsize. It was my understanding that similar devices (zii egg, zune hd, sony x10) with equal or inferior hardware are able to playback hd video... Could this be fixed on the N1 with a better video player app???

The N1 does play back 720p video, I have tested it with h.264 encoding in a mp4.

Remember that bitrate can be an issue, so make sure that your memory card supports the required transfer speeds. There's no reason the Milestone can't do this too; just play around with your settings. Try using a program like SUPER converter which gives you more control over all the aspects of your encoding.

jdm
    These are great instructions. Two more hints: Download and use "Cinema" for movie playback, and rename the Handbreak output from .m4v to .mp4, otherwise Cinema can't find it.

I had trouble with the default player, and with Meridian, with the white-out bug when the device changes orientation. Cinema seems to work better at forcing landscape mode for the application.

thx freaking a lot for this guide man...

taking me abt 30mins+ to convert 700mb 90 mins video.. still converting now.. lol

On Mac, where is the check for "Optimal for source" under "Storage?"

I was able to follow everything in the guide except I cannot find the check on Mac to automatically use the width of the source file...

"If your source video width is <= 800px, then check "Optimal for source" under "Storage"."

Anyone?

Any idea what an optimal bitrate is for an 800 wide video?

I tried converting a 1080i video off my videocamera, and I checked the deinterlace option....and it came out ok. It skips sometimes though, so I'm wondering if it's the bitrate, the deinterlacing, or the included microsd card.

Is the included microsd card of good quality?

hi i have a question, when i try to set the resolution to 800x480, the max it allows me is 624x352. anyone know whats wrong?

@dlp1000: On my HandBrake (rev2965), it's under View -> "Picture Settings" -> Storage -> "Optimal for source". If you don't have that option, could you tell me which version you're using ? Perhaps this is a recent feature.

@Zephyron: If "Optimal for source" or "Anamorphic: Strict" are checked, then that option is greyed out since HandBrake will determine the setting itself in that case.

@dlp1000: On my HandBrake (rev2965), it's under View -> "Picture Settings" -> Storage -> "Optimal for source". If you don't have that option, could you tell me which version you're using ? Perhaps this is a recent feature.

@Zephyron: If "Optimal for source" or "Anamorphic: Strict" are checked, then that option is greyed out since HandBrake will determine the setting itself in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by tomvb View Post

I don't see "View" as an option anywhere. I'm on a PC.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links