HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One

This is a discussion on HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; @jacksonj51 - Thanks for the program recommendation. While I am using Mac, this will certainly be valuable knowledge for Windows users... Cheers...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One

@jacksonj51 - Thanks for the program recommendation. While I am using Mac, this will certainly be valuable knowledge for Windows users...

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonj51 View Post
    Handbrake is a good converter but just wanted to introduce another really great application for converting videos I've been using for months now and love it... Many more features than handbrake like joining videos and conversion for almost anything plus really good subtitle support and support for many languages... also it's easier to use and seems to convert much faster than handbrake.

It's called format factory:
    Format Factory - Free media file format converter

Here's my post from my Omnia forum describing the app: Awesome Video Conversion Software! - Samsung i8910 Omnia HD User Forums

Just make sure to set the aspect ratio to 800x480 and to adjust the video bitrate to hi(2400) or low(768/1024) depending how big you want the final file...

For the first initial set up select all to mobile Nokia N97 (high quality) and change the values above and then save as default (see pic below)
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! THE DOWNLOAD CONTAINED A TROJAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Yabector.b)

Quote Originally Posted by Summonkey View Post
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! THE DOWNLOAD CONTAINED A TROJAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    (Yabector.b)
    Thanks for that (very clear) notice, Summonkey. I've reported that reply as linking to a trojan download page.

Is there an option to convert about 400 episodes of 20min long videos without having to do the process for each video?

This is what DVD Catalyst was actually designed for.
    Drag the folder onto DVDCat, and once the files have been scanned, just click the go button.

Both DVD Catalyst Free as well as DVD Catalyst 3 work this way

To do this with Handbrake, I'd use the command line interface in a while loop, like this (on linux):

Code:
    ls -1 | while read file; do
      Handbrake.CLI <options> "$file" "$file".mp4
    done

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronPlatypus View Post
    The N1 does play back 720p video, I have tested it with h.264 encoding in a mp4.

Remember that bitrate can be an issue, so make sure that your memory card supports the required transfer speeds. There's no reason the Milestone can't do this too; just play around with your settings. Try using a program like SUPER converter which gives you more control over all the aspects of your encoding.

Just tested a 720p h.264 mp4 rip using an 8gb class 6 microsd card and I'm still getting errors trying to play on my n1. As I mentioned I have quite a few mp4 rips optimized for my apple TV and was hoping not to have to reencode everything. I don't think my avg. bitrate is out of the ordinary, probably around 4-5.5mbps. Any advice for playback of 720p and large SD h.264 mp4's on n1 would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by anthny680 View Post

The N1 does play back 720p video, I have tested it with h.264 encoding in a mp4.
    Just tested a 720p h.264 mp4 rip using an 8gb class 6 microsd card and I'm still getting errors trying to play on my n1. As I mentioned I have quite a few mp4 rips optimized for my apple TV and was hoping not to have to reencode everything. I don't think my avg. bitrate is out of the ordinary, probably around 4-5.5mbps. Any advice for playback of 720p and large SD h.264 mp4's on n1 would be appreciated.
    Samples:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...nexus-one.html

Snapdragon Specs

Snapdragon™, Qualcomm Snapdragon™, QCT Snapdragon™ - QCTConnect.com

High-definition (720p) video decode, and multiple video codec support
    I cant find anything in regards of bitrate, but I do think that the ones you use for your ATV are a bit too much.
    The ones in the trailer-thread are done at 1500.

Hello thanks for the guide. It is exactly what I am looking for... the only problem is, I cannot actually follow the instructions on a Mac under 0.9.4. Are there new instructions or am I missing something?

Specifically, where is "Optimal for source" under "Storage?"

One thing that's really recommended, is using a higher video resolution (thanks dvdcatalyst). The "iPhone and iPod Touch" preset sets the video width to 480px, which is the maximum for those devices. That's pretty nice, but since the N1 can handle 800x480, you can take advantage of that like so:

1. Go to View -> "Picture Settings"
    2. If your source video width is <= 800px, then check "Optimal for source" under "Storage".
    3. If your source video width is > 800px, then "Optimal width for source" will be bigger then your screen can display, so you'll be wasting storage space and CPU time. Manually setting the "Storage" width to 800px will alleviate this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dvdcatalyst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by anthny680 View Post

Samples:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...nexus-one.html

Snapdragon Specs

Snapdragon™, Qualcomm Snapdragon™, QCT Snapdragon™ - QCTConnect.com

High-definition (720p) video decode, and multiple video codec support
    I cant find anything in regards of bitrate, but I do think that the ones you use for your ATV are a bit too much.
    The ones in the trailer-thread are done at 1500.

Thanks. I was being a little hard headed at first... Got my 720p movies downsized to 800 wide pixels and a decent 1200kbps bitrate. Looks awesome! Only takes about 1/2 hr to convert using handbrake so it's no big deal. Another bonus is that I end up cutting the filesize to manageable 800-1.2 gb. Thanks for the help.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links