HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One

This is a discussion on HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just used "Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate" for my N1 video conversions, I am amazed how fast it is, by using all cores&threads of my ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One

I just used "Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate" for my N1 video conversions, I am amazed how fast it is, by using all cores&threads of my i7 cpu...
    I was awed to be exact, especially when i put around 20+ videos for conversion, it started working in bunches of 8 videos (cpu load was 100% on all 8 logical cores haha!!) first time i was so satisfied with a program using efficiently my cpu!

I don't know what the difference is, but I converted using the "Normal" profile on Handbrake and no video displayed. I then changed the profile to "iPhone/iPod Touch" and adjusted the resolution (Picture Settings) to the same as source and the videos play beautifully. The resolution on both was the same, but if anyone else is having problems, try that change.
    There's no benefit in trying to upconvert 624x352 to 800x400, is there? Playback on the Nexus One just scales it perfectly anyway.

Never upconvert. Just makes it a bigger file size. No quality gains.

Anyone's videos skipping sometimes? I just reencoded down to 1megabite video, and it skips some. This is with the stock microsd card.

as someone said the only point of converting videos for our nexus one is also using h264 to benefit from the hardware decoding of our device

Quote Originally Posted by nathan118 View Post
    I knew that as a general rule of thumb, but I'm new to playing videos on my nexus. I just thought maybe there was some chance that a bigger computer could tell the file how to show more pixels than my "superphone" nexus one.
    Anyway, the resolution I used (600x300 or whatever) looks awesome, and the file size for a tv show is a lot smaller (230mb versus xvid avi 350mb)

I've been messing more with handbrake, and I really like what I'm getting.

First, the nexus one needs an mp4 file, and handbrake will do m4v by default. Turn off the chapters option for it to do mp4 by default.

Today I messed with some interlaced stuff, and found this to work well:

For interlaced film type shows (like the office and other dramas) the detelecine default option works well.

For interlaced shows that aren't film (like late night shows) it works well to just do decomb.

I'm still checking out bitrate to see how low I can go before it looks bad on the phone, but somewhere around 1000 kbps seems good.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshhawaii View Post
    I knew that as a general rule of thumb, but I'm new to playing videos on my nexus. I just thought maybe there was some chance that a bigger computer could tell the file how to show more pixels than my "superphone" nexus one.
    Anyway, the resolution I used (600x300 or whatever) looks awesome, and the file size for a tv show is a lot smaller (230mb versus xvid avi 350mb)
    Oh, if you play your Nexus-optimized video full-screen on your computer, the video player does the upscaling.

If you do this to a video file during conversion, its a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshhawaii View Post
    Next time, check the resolution of the file before you do any converting. If it's smaller than 800 pixels wide, leave it. And if it's bigger, set it down to 800 pixels wide, and check keep aspect ratio.

I need to do some reading about the constant quality bar and how that works.

Wow I love it!thanks a lot! Now I might upgrade my sdcard to 32g I have 16g now

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links