HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One

This is a discussion on HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I think with the high capacity of memory cards these days we can all agree that the holy grail of desktop/home theater/Nexus One integration is ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Convert Any Video to Nexus One

Holy Grail

I think with the high capacity of memory cards these days we can all agree that the holy grail of desktop/home theater/Nexus One integration is to find some size/codec combination that works for all three.

I'm using Handbrake and have been converting my library to above-DVD quality .m4v files using the "Apple TV" profile. When I watch this on my 1080p projector and 10-foot screen, I know it's better than DVD quality and have no complaints about the quality. From what I'm reading on this forum, however, it seems likely that my files (which run roughly 1GB/hr) will work on the Nexus One.

I've been thinking lately, though, that perhaps recording my movies (I use the Hauppauge PVR) at 1280x720p and then having Handbrake keep the original size yet convert them to h.264 might be the way to go. Can someone confirm that 1280x720 h.264 files play well on the Nexus One? My initial tests are finding that files run roughly 1.5GB/hr in 1280x720 h.264.

Also, does anyone know of a way to maintain at least Dolby Digital in h.264 files using Handbrake (or any other conversion software)? Since I want my files to be good for either mobile or home use, it'd be great if I could maintain at least Dolby Digital 5.1 in audio.

Hi sarcilla, I'd like your holy grail idea and I'd be happy to test.
    Can you upload a test file somewhere (rapidshare, preferably) ?

Why not use doubletwist to do this all for you?

Quote Originally Posted by sarcilla View Post
    Also, does anyone know of a way to maintain at least Dolby Digital in h.264 files using Handbrake (or any other conversion software)? Since I want my files to be good for either mobile or home use, it'd be great if I could maintain at least Dolby Digital 5.1 in audio.
    As if your Nexus One were able to decode Dolby or AC3 or DTS :rofl3: It's still a mobile phone without TV Out!

In the meantime, I'm encoding clips and while my BBC HD Showcase (of fishes) and South Parks (from 720p mkv) work fine, 90% of other encoded files don't work and I used the same settings
    Nexus One (US spec), 16GB MicroSD, FroYo 2.2 (FRF50)

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Why not use doubletwist to do this all for you?
    im sorry to sound like a noob, but i tried doubletwist and i couldnt find the option to convert videos to become compatible with N1. how should i go about doing the conversion? felt really silly

handbrake also runs on the Mac... just in case people running OSX are curious.

...People are awesome...and should read a thread from start to finish before posting.

also, good walk through. newer version is different, but was easy to adjust to first post.

Thax

Dear Forum friends,

Does anyone know if you can use Google Nexus One, to shoot pictures "type projector, and if so, how can you then connect a mini-projector" Microvision Pico 'for a Google Android Nexus One. Does it work?, Then it goes great with an Apple iPhone / Pod, so can someone explain in a transparent manner how good this / link would go to and what apps and cables needed. So please help me solve my problem so I can show my company presentations, or do I have to buy a different brand type Iphone Sör to shoot pictures on the wall.

Best regards

Ulf N

I have a problem with converted videos where the audio is really really soft. You can barely hear a thing. And when i use other types of video converters that converts to an mp4 format with h264 (even those with google nexus one presets) the audio is much much louder but it ALWAYS cuts off during the last 1 - 2 seconds of the video. Its probably a codec/audio setting problem but i do not know what settings to use. Ive already ensured the audio quality isnt higher than 160 kbps.

Ive tried many different types of converters including handbreak, any video converter, Videora Android Converter, 4videosoft video converter and they all deliver the same results. How do i get loud enough audio on my videos without having them getting cut off during the last second?

Excellent thread. thanx

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links