Copy Paste from email?

This is a discussion on Copy Paste from email? within the Nexus One Tech Issues / Bug Reports forums, part of the Nexus One category; I see what the problem is. It is not possible to copy and paste from an email you have received. For instance I would like ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Copy Paste from email?

I see what the problem is.

It is not possible to copy and paste from an email you have received. For instance I would like to copy some of the content from an email in to and SMS Text Message.

As far as I can see it's not possible to do this - please tell me I'm wrong somebody ?

Quote Originally Posted by TBird1 View Post
    I see what the problem is.

It is not possible to copy and paste from an email you have received. For instance I would like to copy some of the content from an email in to and SMS Text Message.

As far as I can see it's not possible to do this - please tell me I'm wrong somebody ?
    I think you're right TBird. I researched this for about two days. I found complaints dating back to 2008 that Android phones could not do this. I wiped the fingerprints off my screen, packed up the Nexus and shipped it back to HTC. There are things I miss about the phone, but copy and paste is such a critical thing. My blackberrys have handled copy and pasting flawlessly for the better part of 5 years now. Blackberry also gives you options like "add to address book", or "map with google maps". The Nexus would sputter around a bit if the email obviously contained a perfectly formatted address or telephone number, but it wouldn't give you any options, it would just map it, call it, etc., but not reliably. I wasn't ready to pay over $500 for a phone that required me to go get a pen and paper if I wanted to put someone's phone number into my address book.
    I'm confident they'll fix this eventually, but I suspect there will be a new android phone or 5 out by then.

Still nothing on this? It's been months... I returned the Nexus One, but I'm curious if they'll get this figured out by the Nexus Two. I miss other parts of the phone.

hopeful

This should be nothing more than a software upgrade. I'm sure they will address it. Betting there is an app for it.

Wolfwise

Yes, I stumbled against it too. No way to select and copy text from existing email in order to paste it to some other place. It's strange. There is so obvious need for that, why isn't it implemented after almost two years o the first available Android phone?

And that's not only email. I should be able to open a Web page in browser and to select some arbitrary area of a text on a web page and copy it to a memory buffer (clipboard).

The latter thing you can do actually... Look (I wrote this using my nexus):

And that's not only email. I should be able to open a Web page in browser and to select some arbitrary area of a text on a web page and copy it to a memory buffer (clipboard).

Explain, please

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    That is one feature that the Motorola Backflip had resolved. With the QWERTY keyboard you hold the ALT but and drag your finger or use the backtrack to copy text from email, websites, etc.

That was another feature I missed when I returned that phone. I'd would hope if that type of option could still be done on the n1 seeing it has multitouch capabilities. Pull up the keyboard, hold the ALT or shift key and use your finger or track ball to highlight the text you wanted. That would be cool IMO.

copy text from browser page

Quote Originally Posted by vkelman View Post
    Yes, I stumbled against it too. No way to select and copy text from existing email in order to paste it to some other place. It's strange. There is so obvious need for that, why isn't it implemented after almost two years o the first available Android phone?

When in the browser, press the menu button then select "more", you should then see an option to "Select Text". Select that, then you will be able to select text on the page you are viewing by touching the text. Text selected will be highlighted in pink. Once you release your finger, the highlighted text will be copy to the clipboard. Then you can paste in any text field by long pressing the text field.

This will work with the gmail only when using the app in the browser.

Here a youtube video showing you how it works:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsZzdenKV5I]YouTube - How to copy & past : Tips & Tricks for the Android OS, Nexus One, Mytouch, Droid and others[/ame]

That is so odd to me that Copy and Paste isn't a fully mature feature on the Android platform. I am used to my BlackBerry I guess.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links